Iced Earth

I think IE/Maiden would be pretty great, yeah. I love enough of IE's material to get tons of enjoyment out of it and they don't put much into their "performance" so I can save energy for Maiden.

However, I can't imagine there are tons of IE fans who are not already Maiden fans, so bringing them out on tour doesn't really make much sense (i.e. you aren't exposing anyone to anything new). Granted, Maiden doesn't need an opening act anywhere, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I dunno, I bet there are lots of Maiden fans who aren't aware of IE. Especially in America.

I've only just realized they played just two shows since May 2014. Both in January this year at 70000 tons of metal.

Stu sounds pretty great, I think his voice really needed this rest.

Bonus:

For a moment (before opening the last vid) I thought Jon Schaffer and Jeff Waters stood on the same stage. These two guys are some of the best rhythm guitarists (riff masters) on the planet.

We shouldn't be upset about him leaving as much as we should marvel at how he managed to put up with the band for so long.

I'd also like to slap Schaffer's face and tell them that this is what happens in a system with low health care and social support.

On one hand, Troy was a mediocre player and this change is for the better. But it also hardly matters because I doubt Jon is going to hire anyone much better and even if he does, that player isn't going to be allowed to upstage him.

Back