Votes: 17 13.9%
  • BBC Archives

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Death On The Road

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I am an brazialian maidenfan...I suposed to prefer rock in rio...right?...But...I really prefer Live After Death...great gig...gret set...best tour...I love this one!...

I voted for Beast Over Hammersmith. The production is amazing, the performance is, no doubt, the best performance of any Iron Maiden Live Album, Clive Burr displays why he was the better drummer for a heavy metal band as his playing is very very tight and solid, helping the band have the best performance they possibly can. Lastly, the setlist is quite unique, hearing so many DiAnno songs sung by Bruce. The best of 2 worlds: aggressive songs sung by a very very potent vocalist

01. Live After Death
02. Rock In Rio
03. Death On The Road
04. Live At Donington
05. Beast Over Hammersmith
06. The BBC Archives
07. A Real Live/Dead One

SinisterMinisterX said:
IMPORTANT: Don't just vote, reply and tell us about your answer! (Maverick's edit: votes without comments will simply be deleted.)

Please tell us why you like Live After Death, Ricky.

Live After Death.  It just has that power of a great live show.  Putting that on my stereo, lying back and closing my eyes and I can almost imagine myself at Long Beach Arena.

Live After Death because it was the first one I heard, and because the setlist is awesome.

You know.  I've been a Maiden fanatic since 82'.  I've listened to the Official live albums, and always love Live After Death.  After listening to them over and over, i'm stuck on Death on the Road as my favorite live compilation.  I know not many voted for it, but i'm just voicing my opinion so take it for what it's worth.  Regardless.....they just know how to rock!!!

Death on the Road for me. When I first started listening to Maiden I sampled them from The Essential Iron Maiden album. The first few songs are Wickerman and Paschendale. Which led to me listening to DOD. I immediately fell in love and so the first live stuff I saw was Death on the Road.
While I admit now there are songs on this DotR that have been done better elsewhere (Bruce on Lord of the Flies makes me grimace) , the whole concert was tremendous and I still get that overwhelming super exciting feeling of finding something that I really love for the first time.

I would really like to get Live after Death on DVD though.

I've also seen some clips from Download 2007 and if the rumour is true that this is going to DVD then this opinion may change  :yey:

Well, since my #1 Maiden song is the almighty H-inspired Paschendale, I would vote Death On the Road, but I don't have it! I've seen clips on You Tube.

I have Rock In Rio, and it's fabulous! That whole tour was their "reunion" tour, and when H starts Wicker Man, it gets your adrenaline going!  :yey:

So my vote is Rock In Rio

Reorxx said:
I would really like to get Live after Death on DVD though.
I've also seen some clips from Download 2007 and if the rumour is true that this is going to DVD then this opinion may change  :yey:

I want LAD on DVD too, I have it on CD. And I have seen plenty of Download vids on YT...love H's guitar on Chlidren Of the Damned and 1000 Suns and These Colours Don't Run were killer! *waiting for the DVD in 2009...wow. Year and a half!*

I'd have to go with Rock in Rio. For some reason, it feels more epic than the live albums. It's louder and more aggressive than Live After Death but every bit as technically good, and almost every song is better than its studio counterpart. The Sign of the Cross with Bruce on vocals may just be the single greatest song I've ever heard.

Live After death wins hands down!  I was there in Long Beach and it was so damm loud. I love this album!!!!! The crowd was so insane and we all new we were being recorded!  COME BACK TO LONG BEACH!!!!!!!

Live After Death for me

Because?

Urm... I was there at the Hammersmith shows? does that count?

And also it was the Powerslave tour, which was my favorite time seeing them, my favorite stage show, etc etc etc

Rock in Rio. Great setlist, plenty of classic maiden and the new material (at the time) from Brave New World is also very powerful on this album. The live versions of blood brothers and dream of mirrors are immense. Also getting to hear bruce sing on the clansman and the sign of the cross makes this a great live album. The band play a stormer and sound re-energised after welcoming Bruce and Adrian back into the fold.

Beast Over Hammersmith. To me it was Maiden at their best. The rhythm section of Steve and Clive was simply amazing. One of teh best live albums of all time. I would love to see this on DVD.

Perun said:
You mean, like on The Early Days? ;)

Yeah, I've got that....I would love to see the whole show, not just most of it like on the dvd.The full show like on Beast Over Hammersmith.

Aaah...that's another thing here...

"Rock In Rio" because of the ambiance of 250,000 huge crowd, the mixing, the sound, the setlist, the power of the band at this gig...

Great, great, great !!!  :p

char_da_harlot said:
Live After death wins hands down!  I was there in Long Beach and it was so damm loud. I love this album!!!!! The crowd was so insane and we all new we were being recorded!  COME BACK TO LONG BEACH!!!!!!!

You were in Long Beach?? Wow! All 4 nights? I bet tix were pretty expensive for all 4 nights...
I was only 4 when that show happened  :p :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back