• BBC Archives

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Death On The Road

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LooseCannon said:

Many of my favorite songs are on that CD.

The Wicker Man
2 Minuts to midnight
Sign of the Cross
The Trooper
The Evil that man do.
The Number of the Beast
Hallowe be thy name
Run to the Hills

All great song and are preformed very well.

My vote goes to Death On The Road, purely because it features songs from my favourite Maiden album- Dance Of Death

after that, it would be Rock In Rio (fucking AWESOME sound, and a great tracklist, 'The Clansman' and 'Dream Of Mirrors' says it all!), then A Real Live/Dead one, then Live after death, and finally Donnington

I voted for Rock In Rio. I loved the Brave New World Tour, it was graet. Also the audience in Rio is the greatest shit I've ever heard.

I voted for Rock in Rio.

I love all of them, especially LAD and Maiden England. But this record brings a lot of memories to me. The first time i listen Maiden was when i watched that show on tv and the energy of the band and the vibe of the crowd conquered me. If i am a maiden fan now, that's because Rock in Rio.

Up until DOTR, it would have been LAD.  I had always thought it was their best live recording-- But once I got my hands on DOTR, I had to change.  It seemed a better recording, and a great performance.  Also, it had Fear of the Dark; possibly, if LAD could have had FOTD, things would be different.  Many discussions in this house about the best live version of FOTD, and DOTR was the unanimous vote. 

Rock in Rio, it displaced Live After Death about a year ago for me. I grew up with Live After Death blaring in my ears so this was no lean decision to make  :blink:

I just love the energy of Beast Over Hammersmith.  Don't love the guitar tone, though, but it's really a minor qualm.

Live After Death suffers from production and Bruce's vocals, and Rock In Rio and DOTR suffer from song selection.

Shame on me for changing my vote, but I have DOTR now and I think it's better (by a little) than Rock In Rio. Paschendale is in there and the whole show is better. the 75 minute documentary is great too! That's what Rock In Rio should have had.

I think Fear Of the Dark is growing on me, but they still shouldn't have included it on this tour... <_< Even though I'm not going, they should have put in something from the correct time period. Hell, they should play Phantom of the Opera! That would be awesome!

1. Beast Over Hammersmith
2. Maiden England
3. Live After Death

They should release live albums from the Killer World Tour, World Piece Tour and Somewhere on Tour. Hell, one live album for every tour.

I vote 'bbc archives' because the perfomance of the band on this tour/period touch the perfect... (the audience production, & powerfull full of energy versions of songs )
Also and 'maiden england' must be in list to select them!

Rock in Rio

Reason?

The evil that man do, Fear of the dark, Sanctuary - fantastic play. And that left - right part.
And also the intro and H's solo in Wickerman.

I have to vote for Rock in Rio. The DvD in 5.1 Surround sound, next best thing to being at an actual Maiden show. Plus Bruce gave a much better vocal performance than on Live After Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back