ED Force One Arrival

Philb

Prowler
Any ides suggestions where to get info on when the band will land in LA, presumably at LAX would love to get pictures??

Aviation forums sometimes have a bit of advance information. Other than that, it's a case of checking Flightradar24, although you normally only see details of the plane when it's in the air, and it doesn't always show the destination. This website sometimes has details.

I'll definitely try to catch it when it comes to Oslo. The problem is the 3-day gap between Donington and Oslo which makes it a bit uncertain when they will fly. With the relatively short (2hr) flight time from southern England to Oslo I'll have to check Flightradar24 very frequently.

For Donington they'll probably use East Midlands airport?

So far they've flown sooner rather than later, usually the day after the actual performance c.midday. I also wonder if they'll bother to stick around at East Midlands/Derby at all, there aren't a great many 5 star places to stay around there where they can guarantee being away from fan mayhem.

Yes, it'll be East Midlands they fly from. It's probably only about a mile from the airport terminal to the main stage. You might be able to set up an alert for the aircraft via FR24.

Have a check on Sunday night, just in case they don't stick around. It would be odd, though, Monday is more likely. Then they get a few days to chill in Oslo, catch up with members of Maidenfans, etc.

I'll definitely try to catch it when it comes to Oslo. The problem is the 3-day gap between Donington and Oslo which makes it a bit uncertain when they will fly. With the relatively short (2hr) flight time from southern England to Oslo I'll have to check Flightradar24 very frequently.

For Donington they'll probably use East Midlands airport?
Awesome: Thank you!! Hoping for a daylight landing!!!

Apparently Ed Force One was parked at JFK at the edge of the cargo area, right on the other side of a fence from the road. I met the drummer for an all-female Judas Priest tribute band at pre show bar last night. She had driven down from Boston, but stopped to take pictures before coming in to the show.

Anyone know the call sign to track it on flightradar24? I assume they'll be airborne soon

TF-AAK will take you to the plane's page, and the flight number is usually CC666 or ABD666. It won't show up until just before takeoff, though. Most of its departures have been about midday local time.

Someone has taken a few close ups of both nose gear doors, it's possible to make out a lot more of the names of FC members. Sadly, some of the decal has started to peel off, so some names have already been lost. The photographer captured part of the line where I believe my name is, but I couldn't spot it. :( It's in alphabetical order by first name, the names aren't arranged by surname after that.

http://imgur.com/a/7SmIv

Back