DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Just saw the Ultimate Edition last night of Batman V Superman. Wow! IMO, the R rating must be due to the graphic way (in the new footage) Batman mutilates the cronies
holding Martha Kent hostage. This is the most brutal Batman I have ever seen! He uses every weapon he can grab (gun, knife) as well as numerous different methods of execution!

With the extra footage, the situation in the start of the film in Africa and how it relates to the rest of the film makes much more sense. By the end of the film, Lex's devious plan to turn Batman against Superman (and how he did that) is better revealed and makes more sense. Also, with the addition of the scene at the end where Lex is arrested while watching Steppenwolf send out the three Mother Boxes to Earth (these will be the McGuffin of the Justice League movie), the seeds are much better set for the future DC films.

Better film with the extra 30 minutes put back in. Zack Snyder is an IDIOT for letting Warner release the PG-13 cut in the first place, but, from a financial perspective, I can understand why they did (so the parents could bring their kids to the film). Still, the movie plays much better plot wise with the new footage.

Gotta admit, once Wonder Woman appears and the Trinity is about to take on Doomsday, you could not wipe the smile off my face with a punch! Been waiting my whole life to see that scene on camera.

He uses every weapon he can grab (gun, knife) as well as numerous different methods of execution!
I am probably going to watch this cut, but...

The idea of letting Batman go off the rails like this like he is the hero in a Grand Theft Auto game has always stuck in my craw. Batman has always been defined by not using weapons and not killing when he can avoid it. It just seems like Snyder is trying to make a brutal, hopeless reality, and I'm not a big fan.

I am probably going to watch this cut, but...

The idea of letting Batman go off the rails like this like he is the hero in a Grand Theft Auto game has always stuck in my craw. Batman has always been defined by not using weapons and not killing when he can avoid it. It just seems like Snyder is trying to make a brutal, hopeless reality, and I'm not a big fan.

I have read from people who have been on set for the Justice League film, he won't be that way in the JL film. He is a changed man because of
Superman's sacrifice. Like Bruce says at the end of Batman V Superman during Clark's funeral "I failed him in life. I won't fail him in death".

He wants to be a better man now according to Zach Snyder's comments about the JL film. This dark version of Batman in BvS was (according to Zack) a necessary part of the journey he is on.

Well...perhaps it's just someone who strangely happens to like You Not Me and think Falling Into Infinity's production is awful.

GREAT point! Why couldn't Superman have given the spear to Wonder Woman to use?
Just read someone on Twitter who said that because Wonder Woman has to use her Magic Lasso to hold Doomsday in place is the reason Superman had to be the one to use the Kryptonite spear. Makes sense.

@Brigantium, Don't know if you are a Wonder Woman fan, but if you are I highly recommend this: Got the BvS Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray. One of the Special Features is called "The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder" which is an amazing history of Wonder Woman and what she means to so many people, especially the ladies. Her film next year is going to be HUGE.

I think I owned a handful of comics and that's all I know about Wonder Woman. Plus I know some researchers who were asked to advise on historical stuff for that film, and they've kind of disowned their work after seeing how the film was going.

I think the vision is definitely happening, probably Justice League Part 2. I think Part 1 will be the search for the other Justice League members and Part 2 will be a pay off for all the weird visions and stuff in BVS.
After seeing the teaser trailer for Justice League, looks like the film will be lighter in tone (as promised) than BvS. However...if, as you and I predict, JL Pt 2 will show the visions of the future from BvS actually happen, that means JL Pt 2 will be MUCH darker than BvS.

There were other hints in BvS that Injustice will be adapted for JL Pt 2. In Batman's dream, after Darkseid's para-demons and Superman's army captures Batman, Superman says "She was my world...and you took her from me". In the comics, in the Injustice storyline
the Joker tricks Superman into killing Lois. Superman blames Batman for not killing the Joker years before
. If this happens, obviously the film JL Pt2 can't end that way. This I believe will lead the Flash going back in time trying to change everything. He fails the first time when he sees Bruce's reaction and then knows he went back too far. That does not mean he is going to give up. I predict he will try again and succeed so JL P2 will have a "happy" ending.

This better be the case... Just announce it already, WB, don't be stupid. 2019 is way too late. I just hope Affleck is able to make it schedule-wise... It sucks if squeezing Batman in ASAP means he has to step down from directing for example.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in WB headquarters right now. :p It must be pretty intense there.
My guess is 2018 will be Suicide Squad 2 and 2019 will be The Batman film. Reason I say this is because Ben Affleck said in an interview that the DC movie he is involved with will not be ready as soon as WB wants it to be so that leads me to believe it will be 2019.

Back