DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Just watched Man of Steel again. First time seeing it after watching Batman V Superman. Cool to see the battle for Metropolis at end of Man of Steel knowing in the back of my mind what Bruce Wayne's (& humanity's) point of view was as revealed at the start of BvS. For example, when Zod starts his battle with Superman (where Superman says "You're a monster, Zod...and I'm going to stop you"), the first building they crash into is Wayne Financial.

Terrell, I am just going to mention that forum rules prohibit just posting a link, because it's too easy to look and see spam, and because it doesn't really drive the conversation without knowing how you feel about it.

Terrell, I am just going to mention that forum rules prohibit just posting a link, because it's too easy to look and see spam, and because it doesn't really drive the conversation without knowing how you feel about it.
So it IS OK to post a link, as long as I throw in my two cents about its' content?

Ideally a bit of discussion of whatever point it makes, both to let people know what the content is, and to further discussion here.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...yder-on-how-robins-death-at-the-hands-a132856

Are you curious about the defaced Robin suit on display in the Batcave during Batman V Superman? Director Snyder gives a bit more info about it here.
Still does not make clear WHICH Robin it was (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake)...
If WB goes ahead with a Batman solo film with Affleck, and if it is a prequel to Batman V Superman (rumoured), perhaps we might even see a Death In the Family adaption?

I saw Superman The Movie in the theater as a new release and yes it was about the Boy Scout (as Batman calls him) acting like one as as well. A force of good in a world where few acted as they should. However, I disagree with this author as far as his interpretation of Snyder's take on Superman. I do not think he hates Superman or is trying to destory him as much as (like Perry White said in Man of Steel) how would the world NOW react if someone who could do THAT appeared?

There have been many savior comparisons between Jesus and Superman (especially the recent films). Was Jesus treated kindly and accepted? No. Why would Superman be any different. I think Zach's approach is a more realistic way of how we would react. And yes, that reaction would have an affect on Superman, despite how well he was raised by the Kents.

I think the author of this article needs to rewatch Man of Steel and remember Clark's upbringing as well as when Jor-El told Kal that he can be the beacon to "save them all"

Last edited:
I saw Batman v Superman yesterday. Man, those who say it's terrible are overstating big time. My expectations weren't high and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It certainly has many flaws but there is still some cool, entertaining stuff there. As majority of people are saying - Batman is the best part of the film. Maybe it's too early to tell, but I think it's the best movie portrayal of Batman/Wayne we've ever got. Can't wait to see a standalone Batman film. The studio should do everything they can to push it forward on the DC universe slate. If Affleck is going to direct, it will be something special.

If WB goes ahead with a Batman solo film with Affleck, and if it is a prequel to Batman V Superman (rumoured), perhaps we might even see a Death In the Family adaption?
I really hope that's the case. It makes the most sense to make the solo Batman film a prequel. Set it in a world where there's no Superman yet and you can do whatever you want with Batman. That's incredibly convenient. The story behind Robin's death (?) has to be told - I believe that's why they referenced it.

I've been assuming that they will be adapting A Death In the Family, can't see them going any other direction.

Do you think if Superman had not been weakened by the multiple Kryptonite attacks by Batman, he could have defeated Doomsday without making the ultimate sacrifice?

Do you think if Superman had not been weakened by the multiple Kryptonite attacks by Batman, he could have defeated Doomsday without making the ultimate sacrifice?
I think Superman gets over kryptonite quite quickly. It looked like it weakened him for a couple of minutes, so he was in full force when facing Doomsday. At least that's how I understood it...

Eh... Couldn't Wonder Woman use that spear? :p

I think Superman gets over kryptonite quite quickly. It looked like it weakened him for a couple of minutes, so he was in full force when facing Doomsday. At least that's how I understood it...

Eh... Couldn't Wonder Woman use that spear? :p
GREAT point! Why couldn't Superman have given the spear to Wonder Woman to use?

More likely because then there would not have been the sad ending that sets up the conclusion of the average savior storyline which always ends with...resurrection

Doesn't really contradict what I've said. :p The entire script was a sloppy way of getting from point A to point B. I'm glad they did the death of Superman story but it wasn't presented in a way that made any sense.

Superman fans are raging over the use of his death and I totally get that. This move buried a potential gigantic story arc for Man of Steel sequels. But they had to play big to kick-start this cinematic universe, so I sort of understand that too... They want to be at Marvel's level of development so bad. Well. It must suck to be a Superman fan now, I guess. :p

I'm wondering whether the post-apo vision will actually happened to some extent or will it remain a pure 'what if.' Or maybe they will make an alternative timeline thing like in Terminator.

I think the vision is definitely happening, probably Justice League Part 2. I think Part 1 will be the search for the other Justice League members and Part 2 will be a pay off for all the weird visions and stuff in BVS.

At this point though, I wish they'd cancel or at least delay the Justice League movie. I still think they're at least not going to use Zack Snyder, but they won't announce it until the summer after all this bad press has died down.

Apparently nothing is going to change about Justice League because they start shooting this month (with Snyder). http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/21/justice-league-starts-April-11 I'm cool with it coming relatively soon, but some maneuvering should be done with the other projects... They should do solo Batman instead Aquaman or Flash in 2018, between JL parts. For Affleck that would be 3 years in a row on set as Batman, though... Don't know if he's up for that.

I'm not convinced that Justice League is still currently under production. I know it's only little over a year out, but I just can't imagine them going forward with a Snyder led followup to this. But, like I mentioned, they're not going to say so until everything has calmed down a bit. Maybe sometime in the summer when everyone is focusing on Civil War and other blockbusters. I definitely don't think JL is actually coming out next year at this point.

I think they should make Justice League one movie, delay it for a couple years, and put a Batman movie as the followup to Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman and Batman seem to be getting the most praise so they could redeem the universe if they put out two solid movies about those characters.

Back