Change in the band's logo

I thought the new typography was perhaps more related to the advent of computer generated artwork. The original drawn typography was manually placed on top of the finished Eddie artwork/magazine headers/photos whereas the modern logo is a computer font and so is more restricted by text line borders. The mid-90s is when PC ownership ballooned and during the lengthy recording process for the X-Factor Steve and his artists likely started tinkering with computerized fonts. Bang, the modern logo was created.
Yip, that makes sense & is what I thought.
In recent times is the original logo is only used for releases relevant to the 80s era - Flight 666, Maiden England?
Maybe that was the intention, but clearly, with the examples I gave previously (e.g. BBC Archives), this hasn't been done consistently.

Steve and his proof reading team may have overlooked the use of the new logo on the BBC Archives release. This wouldn't be the only instance of Steve's proof readers needing a secondary proof reading team to proof read for errors..

I was wondering if mine is the only one with this typo, it says on the talisman, "DSail by the talisman".

Btw do you know if the BBC Archives and Beast Over Hammersmith are available outside the box set?

Back