Change in the band's logo

nuno_c

A hollow universe in space
Not that it's really important but hey... Fans go deep, right?

Do you know why was the band's logo changed a bit? Any particular known reason?

You're talking about red tops, right?! :p

I think eddie666 may be able to help you there. His ramble starts about here...
No Prayer is much better than SIT. Didn't used to think that way until about 10 years ago.
And it's a red top...
IM-Dave
Killers-H
Beast-Bruce
POM-Nicko
NP-Janick
TFF-Steve
Fear is poor, although I like Warrior amongst others.

I don't remember the reason, but I remember that I didn't like the change. The sharp edges disappeared. Now we have a more simple, a flatter logo than the previous one.

edit:
I also prefer the shape of Priest's first logo.
Hero,_Hero_cover.jpg

2nd logo (although this one is still good):
judasprieststainedclass.jpg

The first album with the smaller logo was released the year I was born but I like the older one more as well.

Yeah i'm talking about the edges. I'm still not sure what logo i like best, but i would really love to know the reason

I think it fit these old albums very well (the early artworks had a different style as well of course).

Is it still worth me starting an album artwork thread at some point? I was going to do so when I got some more thoughts together, but then various album cover discussions have developed independently on this forum in the past few weeks.

Is it still worth me starting an album artwork thread at some point? I was going to do so when I got some more thoughts together, but then various album cover discussions have developed independently on this forum in the past few weeks.
I guess it depends on the topic in itself

I like Blackletter (we say Gothic writing), and there are several forms. It's the whole (complete) logo that stands out to me (I like that horizontal stuff under the words), not just the font, so this one is quite unique. Also the font itself could be unique as well. E.g., take that "d". I haven't seen a Blackletter 'd' like that one before.

Steve's dodged the question in a bunch of interviews I have in my scrapbooks somewhere. His go-to answer always seemed to be "eh, somewhere along the way, the points got lopped off, so we left it." :blink:

Wow I totally didn't notice the change in logo until now. :facepalm:

Isn't a huge deal to me, but I like the edges.

The design changed in the 90s, didn't it? There was a conscious effort to dump a lot of 80s traditions which had gone dramatically out of fashion overnight, maybe this was one of Maiden's facelifts?

Back