1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saapanael, Dec 18, 2013.

1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I hope your subconscious is not trying to tell you something...

2. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

3. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

I dreamed that Maidenfans was a real place in the physical world. We were all there in the same building and various members were doing various chores around the place. There was a PA that played the songs from some Survivor, so that everyone could listen to them. At some point I heard a song that I loved but I had no clue what band or what song it was. (All I know is it sounded like the best Dream Theater I've ever heard, and that it's not a song I've ever heard in real life.) I went looking for @Night Prowler to ask about the song, since obviously he was running the Survivor, but no one knew where he was. So I got to this big room, full of bunk beds, where apparently all North Americans were sleeping in, and I found @Mosh . He told me it was a Russian band called Saboteurs and the song was called 1 March. I have to find that song, it was brilliant!

Forostar, LooseCannon, Mosh and 4 others like this.
  4. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Shades of the method of loci technique and asterisk-tracks.

The track/song 1 March must now enter the lore of Maidenfans...

5. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

"That song is a real 1 March."

6. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

"This song has some real nice touches, lovely subtleties of tone; the musicianship is breathtaking. Very reminiscent of 1 March by Saboteurs."

7. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

What a dream. In the dream I was Murican and President Trump apparently became a dictator and one of his new rules was that when his motorcade was passing through a city, everyone had to lay on the concrete or on the road etc. So I was laying on the road for a while, then his motorcade passed but we still weren't allowed to get up. Then the Obamas drove in and started rallying people to start a revolution. Then I woke up.

Forostar likes this.
  8. Saapanael

Saapanael "My hair sets the trend of tmrw by doing it today"

Tonight's dream had everything in it, probably because I woke up and fell asleep a bunch of times.

The first was set in the Middle Ages, where I was wealthy and powerful nobility, perhaps even a king. A man in possession of a large army wanted to team up and do business with me, ultimately to besiege a nearby kingdom.
    The second was a party at some house located outside of town. Most of the people there were strangers to me but it was kool. I think I couldn't get my eyes off a girl but then again, she was my brother's girlfriend or something.
    Last but not least, I was at a CS:GO major tournament, witnessing it in person right next to the pro players. There was an amazing 2v5 clutch moment that I tried to reconstruct to my friends but they wouldn't listen.

9. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Everything? Presumably you think you got that girl pregnant too...