Black Sabbath Survivor 2013: Results Thread - Heaven and Hell wins again!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Also, I have 1 complaint. This is a Maiden forum and we only have 5 voters for a Sabbath survivor?

Accidentally hit enter, but I also wanted to vote for Don't Start, Supertzar and Am I Going Insane,

Eliminated:
Who Are You
Don't Start
Supertzar
Am I Going Insane

I can't take any of Foro's votes seriously. All of Paranoid bar Fairies, All of SBS, Symptom of the Universe. :wtf:

Snowblind, Looking For Today, Hole in the Sky, Megalomania, The Writ

Don't forget Spiral Architect and The Writ (even though you voted for that one too >.>)

Don't forget Spiral Architect and The Writ (even though you voted for that one too >.>)

Note how I said all of SBS. :p I even like Fluff (only average song is Who Are You) and I don't like The Writ that much.

Oh. I forget which song belongs to which album. Anyway, Spiral Architect and The Writ are some of the best songs left. Also, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (the song) is brutal.

SBS is an easy top 10, probably top 5. Spiral Architect is 4th best on the album and still gets a 9/10 from me.

Eliminated:
Fluff
Looking for Today
Megalomania
Writ

I just heard the whole Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album again and its in between two much darker, rawer and heavier albums. Not only, that, I think there's more going on these albums.

OK, it has some good (and heavy!) moments but most songs suffer from repetitive jam session endings. These tracks start well but the second halves often get way less exciting. Reading the wiki article on this album gives me more understanding of why all this doesn't sound that adventurous. All in all I am going to be critical: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a relatively dull, inspirationless, repetitive and soft affair, with lots of songs only consisting out of strong ideas for about 50 percent of their times. If these songs had been made shorter and rid of the nonsense endings I would have liked it way more.

Least good three Sabbath albums of the seventies (chronological order):
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)
Technical Ecstasy (1976)
Never Say Die (1978)

Last edited:
Eliminated:
Hand of Doom
Wheels of Confusion
The Thrill of it All

Promoted:
Supernaut
Snowblind
Hole in the Sky
Symptom of the Universe

Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die join the battle!

Back