Battle Of Covers: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
I heard the original, just didn't recognize it by title until now. This cover was boring and so fucking long. I didn't make it till the end.

Hound Dog
Never heard the original. This was solid but not really my cup of tea.

My Way
That was awful.

Stargazer
Of course it's nowhere near the original, but it's still a great cover; they adapted it well to their style. Gets my 1st vote.

You Really Got Me
One of the best covers in the game, much better than the original. Gets my 2nd vote.

Phase 1, Round 20 Results:
I Heard It Through The Grapevine and You Really Got Me are promoted; Hound Dog, My Way and Stargazer are eliminated.

Phase 2, Round 1:

CCR dominates this round.

Yes, I'm voting for my own nomination only, live with it. :p

CCR's cover is too goddamn long and pales next to the original.

G'n'R's cover is better than the original -- Bob Dylan was a great songwriter but below-average performer.

Joan Jett's cover is the definitive version.

Megadeth's isn't.

I won't vote for anything Kiss-related, because Kiss sucks.

Phase 2, Round 1 Results:
I Love Rock 'N' Roll and Paranoid are promoted; New York Groove, I Heard It Through The Grapevine and Knockin' On Heaven's Door are eliminated.

Phase 2, Round 2:

It was very hard to pick 2 between It's A Sin, Rasputin and Flash Of The Blade. In the end picked first two because their covers were a bit more inventive and different from the originals.

Not a Marilyn Manson fan, but I think his cover is absolutely incredible. He reinvents the song and makes it intensely creepy while still delivering a powerful message.

Also, Rasputin, because it's just awesome.

5pXVytA.gif

Phase 2, Round 2 Results:
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) and It's A Sin are promoted; Crimson & Clover, Flash Of The Blade and Rasputin are eliminated.

Phase 2, Round 3:

Back