album review

A

Anonymous

Reading some of the album reviews on the site, i have noticed that most of you are really bad at spelling the most simple of words including like and this, which is really annoying. You should really check your spelling through before you post as people i know including me are having trouble reading the reviews. You also use alot of text speak which i can understand some of but you lot go way over the top with it and use it in all your sentences and there are somepeople around that dont know what half of it means so please could you restrict the use of short hand text please as i wish to be able to understand all the comments that have been posted onto this site.

May I point a few details to you?

You shouldn't spell 'i', but 'I'
You shouldn't spell 'somepeople', but 'some people'
You shouldn't spell 'dont', but 'don't'
You should use proper punctuation

Apart from that, your message was pretty legible compared to a few things I've seen before...  :innocent:

</smart-arse>  :D

I think he's referring to the mock-up in the commentary?

By the way Maverick, you forgot to mention, he spelt "alot" incorrectly aswell ;)

Conor said:
By the way Maverick, you forgot to mention, he spelt "alot" incorrectly aswell ;)

Didn't you mean 'he spelled'? Hmm?  :innocent:

Isn't that Blackie's trademark? What a lack of imagination!  :p

Oh and you didn't even comment on punkrocker's grammar and syntax...  :innocent:

Maverick said:
Oh and you didn't even comment on punkrocker's grammar and syntax...  :innocent:
Maverick, you just used a pleonasm :p
(I just learned a new word today and I want to use it.)

for some reason, i've felt a sudden urge to barf while reading this thread

You guys on The Grammar Task Force (TGTF) :p are worse than Orwell's thought police :D: I agree that sometimes people have problems expressing their views due to bad grammar, choice of words etc but if the message gets through, shouldn't that be the main issue? After all, not all of us visiting Maidenfans have English as our first (or even second) language. I see the point in a post like this one, by Punkrocker, but still you're pretty harsh sometimes.

It's fun to read your comments, as long ast they're aimed at someone else, but I think it's somewhat less amusing when they're aimed at me.

@ Punkrocker: Remeber, if you want to comment on something in here, make sure you run a spell/grammar check twice before you post to save yourself from TGTF.

Conor, Mav - start looking and hit me over the head with your findings :ph34r:

Anomica said:

Your wish is my command.

Anomica said:
You guys on The Grammar Task Force (TGTF) :p are worse than Orwell's thought police :D: I agree that sometimes people have problems expressing their views due to bad grammar, choice of words etc. but if the message gets through, shouldn't that be the main issue? After all, not all of us visiting Maidenfans have English as our first (or even second) language. I see the point in a post like this one, by Punkrocker, but you're still (you're) pretty harsh sometimes.

It's fun to read your comments, as long as(t) they're aimed at someone else, but I think it's somewhat less amusing when they're aimed at me.

@ Punkrocker: Remeber, if you want to comment on something in here, make sure you run a spell/grammar check twice before you post to save yourself from TGTF.

:D (Just for a laugh)

Well, Punkrocker, I believe that if you're going to start complaining, you should first make sure that your grammar and spelling are up to scratch.  We're not asking much, and if you want to criticise other people for their diction, the least you could do is make sure that you're not falling into the same traps.

*checks post*
Right, I'm safe, I believe... :p

Why should:

"...but still you're pretty harsh sometimes."

be better English than:

"...but you're still pretty harsh sometimes."?

Surely if 'still' is put before 'you're', it should be written as:

"...but still, you're pretty harsh sometimes."

Just a thought. ;)

And I should never criticise anyone else's grammar, as mine can be pretty poor sometimes.

Albie said:
"...but still you're pretty harsh sometimes."
"...but still, you're pretty harsh sometimes."

I helped my uncle Jack off a horse.
I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

Capitalisation and punctuation are soooo important!  :D

i don't care about the punctuation that people use i just find it hard to understand some of the comments that people have made on the album review that was all due to bad spelling and use of short hand text. didn't think that you would all get all uptight about it all.

By the way Maverick, you forgot to mention, he spelt "alot" incorrectly aswell

Also what makes you think that i am a he? i am actually an 18 year old female if you must now, you should never assume that everyone on this site is male!!!

Maverick said:
I helped my uncle Jack off a horse.
I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

Capitalisation and punctuation are soooo important!   :D

Oh yes, I absolutely agree! Thanks Maverick for this hilarious example, I haveto remember it.

Punkrocker, or whatever your name is, I think you're taking this way too seriously. Besides, it is strange that you critisize others for misdemeanors in spelling when you ignore the most fundamental rules of English grammar. Just a thought!

P.S. In the above post 'he' should be in quotation marks and the know you are referring to is spelled know not now. After all, it could be that now you do not know that you know what you now know. ;)

Double posting, poor grammar and a self-righteous, snotty attitude. We don't get many n00bs quite like you, kid.

punkrocker said:
Also what makes you think that i am a he? i am actually an 18 year old female if you must now, you should never assume that everyone on this site is male!!!

Okay, so Conor didn't realise that you were female, big whoop. It's not like being female around here is some sort of badge of honour. Besides, if you get upset over something trivial like this, I suggest you stay away from the internet.

punkrocker said:
i don't care about the punctuation that people use i just find it hard to understand some of the comments that people have made on the album review that was all due to bad spelling and use of short hand text. didn't think that you would all get all uptight about it all.

Do you not realise that Mav wrote that review to take the piss out of people like you who are too lazy to type properly? Remember, you have a keyboard, not a mobile phone. It's highly suggested that you use it to its full potential. ;)

Back