album review

I wrote the new commentary especially for dumb arses like punkrocker, so they can see how annoying it is to read their shit... or maybe they're too dumb for that and I place my expectations too high. Ah well, I can be so naive...

Translation for punkrocker and the like:

i rote teh nucomentry speshialy 4 dumasses leik runkpoker so they cna c o anoyin itis 2 reed there siht or meybe there 2 dum 4 taht an i plaice my expectasshionz 2 hi. awel i cna b so n4iv...

:innocent:

Yes, thankyou, finally someone is showing those idiots what it's like to read their shit.
Let's give them some more of their own medecine!

P.S. Maverick, your posts make me laugh.

Perun said:
This has to be the most annoying thread in ages.

Well Per, what can I say? Annoying people tend to start annoying threads...

* pats Per on the back *

Well, Mav, thank you very much. Now I know what it is like to -hm... how shall I say? - read this shit. Reading the same shit in some comments and and your review is joy squared. No, more than that, joy doubled. You alone tore up  my eyes. I love you. In THAT way.

You guys on The Grammar Task Force (TGTF) are worse than Orwell's thought police
And I don't mean to criticize... but even this GTF makes spelling errors now and then. But they come around every once in a while highlighting every little mistake somebody made in their post. Come on, guys, a LITTLE tolerance here! Many people here write their posts completely without capital letters, and they are never criticized for this...

And I don't mean this post to be absolutely serious either since I see the point in what you are doing, and I see the (funny but true) point in Maverick's recent commentary. It's just that I wonder why he took the time to write an ENTIRE album commentary in l33tsp33k; was that really necessary to get the point across? And will everyone be forced to completely change their usual Internet writing style (small letters, missing periods etc.) in this forum?

[/philosophy mode]

Oh, and by the way, punkrocker, welcome to the site!

I suppose Mad Max is pointing out the difference between a grammar nazi and a grammar Stalinist.

It sometimes depends on the mood one is in, too.

I wish someone would finally point out to my aweful sentences I write in English.I've always been eager to improve my English.  -_-

Natalie said:
P.S. Maverick, your posts make me laugh.
Maverick makes people laugh, yes. When he's not making them frustrated, that is... :innocent:

Cosmiceddie, I can help a bit right now, and it's not an English mistake: There should be a space after a comma or full stop. -_-

"...but still, you're pretty harsh sometimes."

That's absolutely right, the comma puts a small pause in and that's my point in throwing in a word like that in the sentence "...but still [pause] you're pretty harsh..."

Thanks for correcting me, Albie -_-

@ Raven - You only found a spelling error, a "t" that snuck in while I looked the other way. I'm fine with that as long as you get what I'm trying to communicate to you ;)

Mav's review made me laugh out loud, especially when I read the comments on sites like Braveworks and Maidefansunited - they don't know how to take a joke, that's for certain. On the other hand, this leetspeek (I refuse to make a fool of myself by trying to type it the way it's supposed to be and fail) is really difficult to decipher, to say the least.

Mav: How the hell did you manage to right that review, and* how long did it take? Oh, and another thing - will there be a comment in English?

* To the TGTF - the "comma" before "and" is called an Oxford comma for some reason, probably due to some kind of academic tradition which is really obscure and almost never used but gramatically correct all the same :ninja:

Albie said:
Why should:

"...but still you're pretty harsh sometimes."

be better English than:

"...but you're still pretty harsh sometimes."?

Surely if 'still' is put before 'you're', it should be written as:

"...but still, you're pretty harsh sometimes."

Just a thought. ;)

And I should never criticise anyone else's grammar, as mine can be pretty poor sometimes.

:D
My God, I just had a brainwave; by communicating in smilies and the bare minimum of words, one can avoid 99% of all grammatical errors! ^_^
:help:

Anomica said:
Mav: How the hell did you manage to right that review, and* how long did it take? Oh, and another thing - will there be a comment in English?

It didn't take that long, as it's based on the actual draft for the real commentary. Now, shall I post it? Good question.  :innocent:

Maverick said:
It didn't take that long, as it's based on the actual draft for the real commentary. Now, shall I post it? Good question.   :innocent:
Maybe a small donation to the Maverick foundation for small birds or something similar? :D

Maverick said:
It didn't take that long, as it's based on the actual draft for the real commentary. Now, shall I post it? Good question.  :innocent:
I'm guessing that you wrote the correct version of the Commentary first, then used some kind of automatic character converter?

Automatic??? I'm not a lazy arse like you, mate! I did it all myself!  :p

thank you MadMax you are the only one who has welcomed me to this site everyone else just moans about my comment on the bad spelling on the album review! i appreciate it.

Back