Adrian Smith

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/adrian-smith-iron-maiden-solo-album-0709-2012.aspx
( > http://www.bravewords.com/news/186523#.T_rJ546JmLQ )
BraveWords.com: Have you given any thought to putting out an instrumental album?
Smith: “I did actually record an album five or six years ago with another friend of mine (keyboard player).”
BraveWords.com: But that was never released...
Smith: “No, it wasn’t. It’s still in the can as they say, but that was interesting... A lot of fun to do.”
BraveWords.com: Will it come out at some point?
Smith: “Maybe... Yeah. I like so many different types of music, but I’m probably going to do something with it in the future...”
Just curious, has this been discussed here before?

Does someone know where I could find a complete ASAP discography (singles, EP) ? I was looking at my record collection yesterday, and I've got the feeling that I have bought everything from them back then. I'd just like to check it out.

Thank you Moon Child. I had only noticed a band called "ASAP Rocky" and didn't even think of a Wikipedia page for H solo band. So I've got all their discography. Aside from the album, with a brilliant sleeve (I didn't remember the gorgeous asian woman on the inner sleeve), I've got Silver and Gold, limited edition 3 track silver & gold disc (a gold disc), maybe a promo version of the same (a 3-track disc within a black sleeve with no picture at all), and Down the Wire, limited edition cut to shape picture disc, with the same gorgeous woman into barbed wire.
At the time, I was trying to buy everything Maiden, so I suppose I wanted to buy this as well ; but those records completely got out of my mind 'till I chanced upon them while looking for an old bootleg.

No problem! :) I only have Silver and Gold on vinyl. I haven't gotten around to getting any of the singles yet. I've seen a lot of places on EBay selling them for a pretty decent price but I'm trying to save my money at the moment and not buy non-necessary things or at least limit that. I'll complete the collection eventually.

Maybe I shouldnot say that here, but I should seriously consider to give this stuff to a real fan : I absolutely dislike those records, mostly the voice, and the idea of keeping them just for the sake of possession is rather unpleasant.

Well, Brucie, BL is far superior to this record, and not just because Harry is credited. ASAP is terrible and I've always thought that, like Harry, H should never get close to a microphone ; those guys can't sing. But yes, should I get rid of these records, I would give them (and certainly not sale) to someone in this forum.

I'd gladly take the singles off your hands but we are kind of separated by a large body of water and I'm not sure how that would work unless you are willing to send them that great of a distance? If not, I completely understand and I'll get them another way.

Well, Brucie, BL is far superior to this record, and not just because Harry is credited. ASAP is terrible and I've always thought that, like Harry, H should never get close to a microphone ; those guys can't sing. But yes, should I get rid of these records, I would give them (and certainly not sale) to someone in this forum.

While I like British Lion far more and think that Richard Taylor is a good singer with one of my favourite voices ever, Adrian Smith can sing pretty well. ASAP is far from terrible. Adrian's singing is more right for that kind of material than Bruce trying to sing DiAnno or Bayley-material.

(responding to Gabriel174): Oh man, it's been 24 years and my memory sucks! Getting old is not fun. :) Besides "Back In The Village" and "Wasted Years," I would say they (The Untouchables) played the 3 songs in the video above ("Big Trouble," "Singin' The Blues," and "Judgement Day"), but at the time they were totally unfamiliar to me, so I didn't make a note of the song titles. I seem to recall a song about "Lightning," but that could just as easily be wrong. I know, I'm great help. Oh, shoot, just remembered: they also played "Hooks In You." Now, it's *possible* that Carl, Adrian's brother-in-law and the other guitarist in The Untouchables, has the audio master reels of a live gig and it's *possible* that he's been mixing them for a *possible* release, but that's all speculation and conjecture. ;) Now, would I buy this hypothetical release? Hell yes! If it says "Featuring Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden" ANYWHERE on the packaging or promotional materials, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. Let's just hope that this music eventually does see light of day.

Cheers,
Chris

Cris, although A.S.A.P. was more of a studio band, they did play live a few times (no tours). As far as I'm concerned, when Adrian formed The Untouchables, he imported 2 or 3 songs from ASAP. Those would be "The Lion", "After the Storm" and "Misunderstood". I'm not that right about the first...

Back