Adrian Smith

Other than when it was posted, I don't see any date mentioned. Any idea when this is from, harrisdevot?

Also, how does this play into the integrity discussion the forum was having?

@CriedWhenBrucieLeft If I correctly understand the article (link above the video) this is a very recent gig.
As for the "integrity" connections, sorry for being allusive. I just meant that I remain impressed by this kind of dedication to his friend and the music. The guy plays stadiums, but also pubs. In this case, questionning his love for music seems pointless. But maybe that's inferring a lot from a few moments onstage ;), so forget what I wrote. I was just very pleased to see that.

The guy plays stadiums, but also pubs. In this case, questionning his love for music seems pointless.
Indeed, & in this respect he's very like Nicko; put a kit in front of him & he just loves to play. All this kind of online stuff seems to be mostly Nicko & Adrian. (That said, 'Arry has done the same with BL in the wee venue department.)

Chiswick on January 10, although the details of the venue don't check out online.
And do you know what's quite amusing about this? As I revealed in the 100,000 thread, I was in London for the first time last weekend. I stayed in Brentford Lock. On Saturday night (Sat. 10th) I got a taxi along the A4, through Chiswick, into the city centre!

@CriedWhenBrucieLeft If I correctly understand the article (link above the video) this is a very recent gig.
As for the "integrity" connections, sorry for being allusive. I just meant that I remain impressed by this kind of dedication to his friend and the music. The guy plays stadiums, but also pubs. In this case, questionning his love for music seems pointless.

I have no words for you if that's what you took from all the arguments I put out on that thread. That's just ridiculous. I didn't comment anything about an artists love for music on that thread. I never once said it was Money > Music for anyone. I even put emphasis that I WASN'T to avoid any accusation of doing so. What a waste of time and effort I put there if that's what was thought to be my message there.

Last edited:
I wasn't answering your arguments at all. The sentence you underlined was not directed towards you, nor towards anyone in particular. It was just a general comment. I know you admire the guy and didn't attack him and I think I understood your arguments, although I don't share them.

I don't think any half-decent musician's love of music needs to be questioned. Music has always been a shitty business, where most musicians are starving and never get anywhere at all, and with the time it takes to get proficient on any instrument you could quite easily become a doctor or lawyer or whatever. Have a career.

Indeed. Most people become proficient by practising when they're not at school &/or doing something else. It doesn't take 4, 5, 7, 10 years (take whatever figure fits the profession you had in mind) to be proficient on a musical instrument. Well, ceratinly not the guitar, that's for sure.

For those who were interested before, here is the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra version of Red Barchetta that Adrian plays on:

Adrian does a fantastic job and as a whole, the song done by an orchestra sounds pretty cool. :)
Not anything new but Adrian gets a mention here:

Back