Adrian Smith

Some parts still come back in the Maiden version: At least choruses but also the pre-choruses. E.g. I heard: "In the name of someone else" "throw my hands up to the sky"

I often thought it would be cool to actually hear the songs as H presents them to Steve before they are Maidenised. I remember he said that the main riff to Different World was different to the one in the album. Different time signature or something.

Yea he said it was in 7/8 or something. I tried playing the riff in 7/8 once and I think adding that extra eighth note was a pretty good idea.

Anyway cool find! I strongly agree with Adrian when he says they were playing those songs way too fast in the 80s, but wow this is so slow it drags. It's good they've found that nice middle ground. :D

Great performance of Wasted Years by H! It's actually a little bit strange to watcn him singing this song.
Can anyone help me with one thing? Who has lyrics to Live To Learn? I searched everywhere and couldn't find. I'll be very glad, if you help me!

I really want to see Adrian do Primal Rock Rebellion II (or whatever he wants to call it), but with him singing; in fact him playing pretty much everything. I'll let him get a drummer in, but he's already showed he can do everything else.

I guess Adrian needs to do some bluesy stuff. And the voice will fix in. I'm still waiting for his solo album about which he was talking in 2003. Probably we've never heard it)
But yeah, I'd like to listen to PRR II, I liked the first album, so maybe they will decide to record the new one

I wouldn't like that, Adrian's voice wouldn't fit PRR's music. Backup and some co-lead vocals? Sure. But not the whole album. I liked the guy from the first album.
The music doesn't need to be the same as PRR; that was probably written to fit Mikee's voice. As I said, I like Adrian's voice & would love to hear a full album with him singing.

I just want a Adrian solo album. ASAP had some really nice moments. I would rather hear him sing than someone else.

Would definitely like to hear him sing and play some more, ideally in a Springsteen-esque rock band setting. He definitely has the chops, but as the grumpy perfectionist he arguably is, I don't think he would be able to release something he has 100 percent control over. There's always been someone else there to tell him when it's finished.

I hope he'll do this. He's very talented(does he know about this fact?!),so he can play everything on his album. From drums to piano. So why not? If he wasn't so hesitant he would realize it)

O my god, I hope someone took a video of it! Sad about the second one. It's hardly hear Adrian there, only drums)

Back