1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by LooseCannon, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

1. Maidenfans North America (Date & location TBD)

52.0%
  2. Maidenfans Europe (Date & location TBD, probably UK)

40.0%
  3. I don't like you people.

16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I would not mind visiting St Louis as well. I'm fine to go wherever, but we really should make an effort to go wherever the most of us can go.

2. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

As long as you're not in the lawn, it's truly not that terrible. I have been to worse. First pavilion seating or pit are probably decent.

Agreed. With a wedding and multiple trips (including a honeymoon) planned for this year, there's no way I'm gonna be able to travel for Maiden, unfortunately. I'd love to do the meetup again, but if somewhere is more convenient for everyone else then by all means go for it.

3. LooseCannon

4. LooseCannon

Honestly, I'd be stuck if I hadn't done London on last year's bonus. But I think I can squeeze a meetup this year.

5. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Electric Eye

Chicago would work, though the Cubs will be in Pittsburgh that weekend. :-(

I suppose it would be selfish of me to angle for the LA show (though that's also not really in L.A., it's about an hour drive to the east)...

6. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Yeah .. San Bernadino is not exactly a garden spot of Southern California .. unless it has changed greatly since 1988 when I was there last

7. Cornfed Hick

St. Louis in July is a BAAADDD idea.

8. Cornfed Hick

San Bernardino generally sucks, but the amphitheater is in Devore, nestled against the foothills -- it's actually a pretty venue, just a pain in the ass to get there. It has become Iron Maiden's summer venue of choice in SoCal, which is too bad. I'd kill for a show at the Greek Theater, but that's too small.

9. LooseCannon

LA financially is more expensive, but I don't have to take time off work.

10. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I'm up for wherever ... looking at the list ... Chicago, San Antonio, Vegas, and maybe Brooklyn/near LA look like the most interesting places to go beyond just the show.

11. LooseCannon

San Antonio might not be bad...Air Canada apparently flies there direct from Toronto.

12. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

It is a really cool city .. tons of good food, Riverwalk, Alamo, the arena itself is very nice (and importantly, in the air conditioning) ... San Antonio is sometimes expensive to fly into, but Austin is real close as well.

terrell39 likes this.
  13. LooseCannon

$460 Canadian return from Montreal - not too bad.

14. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

So that is like $75 US :)

15. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I'll add, if we go to San Antonio, I might be able to get a couple nights as a freebie in a 2 bedroom timeshare that is about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main part of the Riverwalk .. it is on the river, just a few blocks down from where the main touristy section starts

16. LooseCannon

depends on the price of oil today.

17. Collin

Collin Jambi

I was actually considering San Antonio as well. And possibly Dallas too.

18. Wästed The Great

Wästed The Great Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude Staff Member

I'm way good with Chicago, I think that'd be a great one.

As LC said, wherever most people can go is cool with me.

And like @Cornfed Hick said, St Louis in July is not a great idea :)

Lampwick 43 likes this.
  19. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I'm definitely biased, but it does seem like Chicago is the place that could get the biggest turnout..

20. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

So long as no one utters the phrase "hey let's go to a Sox game" I would be cool with Chicago I could extend the trip a bit and visit family in Joliet

Lampwick 43 likes this.