2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

• Total voters
I would not mind visiting St Louis as well. I'm fine to go wherever, but we really should make an effort to go wherever the most of us can go.

.. and it is a crap venue .. but I would be cool going up there.

As long as you're not in the lawn, it's truly not that terrible. I have been to worse. First pavilion seating or pit are probably decent.

I would not mind visiting St Louis as well. I'm fine to go wherever, but we really should make an effort to go wherever the most of us can go.

Agreed. With a wedding and multiple trips (including a honeymoon) planned for this year, there's no way I'm gonna be able to travel for Maiden, unfortunately. I'd love to do the meetup again, but if somewhere is more convenient for everyone else then by all means go for it.

.. and it is a crap venue .. but I would be cool going up there. Ideally the Cubs will be home around then too :)
Chicago would work, though the Cubs will be in Pittsburgh that weekend. :-(

I suppose it would be selfish of me to angle for the LA show (though that's also not really in L.A., it's about an hour drive to the east)...

Yeah .. San Bernadino is not exactly a garden spot of Southern California .. unless it has changed greatly since 1988 when I was there last

Yeah .. San Bernadino is not exactly a garden spot of Southern California .. unless it has changed greatly since 1988 when I was there last
San Bernardino generally sucks, but the amphitheater is in Devore, nestled against the foothills -- it's actually a pretty venue, just a pain in the ass to get there. It has become Iron Maiden's summer venue of choice in SoCal, which is too bad. I'd kill for a show at the Greek Theater, but that's too small.

I'm up for wherever ... looking at the list ... Chicago, San Antonio, Vegas, and maybe Brooklyn/near LA look like the most interesting places to go beyond just the show.

San Antonio might not be bad...Air Canada apparently flies there direct from Toronto.

It is a really cool city .. tons of good food, Riverwalk, Alamo, the arena itself is very nice (and importantly, in the air conditioning) ... San Antonio is sometimes expensive to fly into, but Austin is real close as well.

I'll add, if we go to San Antonio, I might be able to get a couple nights as a freebie in a 2 bedroom timeshare that is about a 5 to 10 minute walk to the main part of the Riverwalk .. it is on the river, just a few blocks down from where the main touristy section starts

So long as no one utters the phrase "hey let's go to a Sox game" I would be cool with Chicago I could extend the trip a bit and visit family in Joliet

Back