Official Football Thread

I'm gonna mention that it's not Van Gaal's fault :D I know people are gonna say that Moyes did better after 3 matches, but meh. At least he still had Vidic, Rio, Evra and less injured players than Van Gaal now.

I'm not attacking Van Gaal here, if there's anyone that can turn it around, it's him. Just the state of Manchester United as a whole.

Did a small research on the players brought in from the youth academy during Fergie's last five seasons at the helm. I listed their current clubs:

Tom Cleverley: Manchester United
Jonny Evans: Manchester United
Danny Simpson: Queens Park Rangers
Lee Martin: Millwall
Fraizer Campbell: Crystal Palace
Sam Hewson: Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar (Iceland)
Craig Cathcart: Watford
James Chester: Hull City
Ben Amos: Manchester United
Richard Eckersley: New York Red Bulls (USA)
Corry Evans: Blackburn Rovers
Danny Drinkwater: Leicester City
Matty James: Leicester City
Danny Welbeck: Manchester United
Federico Macheda: Cardiff City
Joshua King: Blackburn Rovers
Magnus Eikrem: Cardiff City
Oliver Gill: Retired
Joe Dudgeon: Barnsley
Cameron Stewart: Ipswich Town
Oliver Norwood: Reading
Robbie Brady: Hull City
Nicky Ajose: Leeds United
Ryan Tunnicliffe: Wigan Athletic
Will Keane: Manchester United
Ravel Morrison: West Ham United
Sam Johnstone: Manchester United
Paul Pogba: Juventus (Italy)
Tom Thorpe: Manchester United
Reece Brown: Barnsley
Marnick Wermijl: Manchester United
Davide Petrucci: Manchester United
Sean McGinty: Rochdale
Zeki Fryers: Tottenham Hotspur
Larnell Cole: Fulham
Jesse Lingard: Manchester United
Scott Wootton: Leeds United
Tyler Blackett: Manchester United
Frederic Veseli: Port Vale

Out of 39 players, only 11 of them are currently with United and in those 11 are Will Keane, Sam Johnstone, Tom Thorpe, Marnick Wermijl, Davide Petrucci and Ben Amos, who don't seem likely to stay with United for that long. So you have Jonny Evans, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck, Jesse Lingard and Tyler Blackett.

Out of guys who are no longer with United, Paul Pogba is a world class player and obviously a huge mistake. Ravel Morrison, Robbie Brady and Frazier Campbell look like other guys who could have a shot with United, but not really.

Blackett was good in the 2 games he played, he has potential. Lingard was pretty good on his last loan spell and in the last 2 pre-seasons for United, can't judge him yet. Welbeck is an OK squad player, but I don't think he'll ever be "great" or become a true star. He isn't bad, but he's inconsistent as fuck and not very reliable.

The potential is there, it's just in short bursts. Not to mention his disciplinary record.

Nikola Zigic rumoured to sign for Arsenal to replace Giroud :D :D :D :D :D

In all honesty, he ain't that bad, he'd probably be used as a late sub when chasing the result 'cause he's really tall.

_77185302_fc079d9e-87bb-4c2b-a106-761ff727aec8.jpg

No prizes for guessing what this is about. :D

Happy about Van Ginkel. Even if Torres arrives. he can't be worse than Matri last year. Would be a good third striking option after Pazzini and Menez :)

Rojo is not a LB. He was a full-time CB for Sporting last season, Jefferson Nascimento played LB for Sporting.
Yep. My mistake. All Manchester United news sources were saying he's a LB and sometimes an emergency CB but he was a starting CB in the last two seasons for Sporting o_O I guess people just didn't hear of him until the World Cup :D (I still don't think he's a CB that can fix United's defence though :p)

Real's stupid if they let him go.

Napoli won't be in CL and Arsenal will, I expect a flood of Higuain-to-Arsenal rumours now.

Ludogoretz is through to the group stages! They won against Steaua Bucharest after a penalty shootout. Our goalkeeper was sent away in 119th minute and Ludogorets had their centre back in the goal. He saved two and scored one. o_O

Last edited:
Back