Official Football Thread

Rojo is primarily a LB too, him and Blind are on par as CB's IMO. Hummels won't leave Dortmund, he's their new captain.

Rojo is not a LB. He was a full-time CB for Sporting last season, Jefferson Nascimento played LB for Sporting.

Giroud might be out for 3 months with a broken foot :eek: Wenger's gotta buy a striker or rely on Sanogo/Sanchez/Walcott/Podolski to fill in, which I honestly wouldn't suggest.

Dunno if you're joking, but no. He had some heart problem I think, and Liverpool decided not to risk signing him.

Anyway, it is said that De Jong will definitely stay at Milan. However, that stupid old bald fuck also claimed that Balotelli will stay "99,999%" and we all saw how that turned out :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Arsenal and Manchester United are said to be competing for the services of Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia.

Roma called off the negotiations. Bayern are offering around 24 million, Arsenal and United are rumoured to be ready to offer 30 million.

Yet I heard that Benatia to Bayern is a done deal :p We'll see :p

Anyway, seems that United is back in for Vidal and wants Blind too. If they get both of them, they'll have the 2nd most expensive transfer market in history, second only to Real Madrid (when they bought Ronaldo, Kaka etc.).

Derby matches between Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe are quite possibly the most violent in all derbies in the world at the moment. Two teams played each other in yesterday's Turkish Super Cup, very little football to speak of. Ended 0-0 in 120 minutes, 10 yellow cards, game stopped at least 10 minutes due to fans throwing stuff at the field:

https://vine.co/v/MlKYwxZIrWp/embed

One of which the Fenerbahçe goalkeeper reacted to:

https://vine.co/v/MlAhMDuu9VH/embed

And the drama built up when Felipe Melo of Galatasaray missed a penalty.

WastefulWarlikeCub.gif

Pretty much all Gala-Fener matches are about fans swearing at the other teams' players, throwing stuff at them and players fighting each other in order to get the ref to sent them off.

Fenerbahçe goalkeeper led a chant with the fans saying "Applause, faggots" directed at Galatasaray fans then after the game said "If they don't poison the dogs on the streets, then I'll do it" (in reference to Felipe Melo's nickname: Pitbull)

Good move for Bayern. However, as long as Guardiola is at the helm, I won't have high expectations from them.

Btw, looks like Bayern upped their bid after all. They paid 30 million instead of 24. So the latest rumor had some credibility.

Back