You're a child of the 1980's if...

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
Personal note: Many people will tell you the 1980's were devoid of a dstinct character which set them apart from previous and floowing decades. In the English-speaking world, the re-birth of Conservatism under the Reagan, Thatcher, and Mulroney is seen as a dark cloud over the decade. Nothing could be more wrong. Although I as quite young when they ended (7), I remember the culture of the decade fondly. It was more than the brdge between the pot-smoking 'don't care' attitude of the 70's and the techno-savvy 90's. I was a period unto itself.
It seems the first decade of the 20th century is starting the same way the 80's did - with a resurgance of conservatism in politics and 'adult' culture, with the younger generation doing its own thing. Maybe this decade will be the new 1980's. With that in mind, I did some searching and found this:
*Queues up the Safety Dance and looks for an arcade*

YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80'S IF:

- You know what a "burnout" is.
- You know what "Sike" means.
- You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off".
- You know that another name for a keyboard is a"Synthesizer".
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You felt ashamed when Rob Lowe got in trouble for sex with minors and videotaping it, because you liked him.
- You know who Max Headroom is.
- You wore flourescent, neon clothing.
- You could breakdance, or wished you could.
- You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
- You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"
- Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.
- You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
- You wanted to be on StarSearch.
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off.
- You wore a banana clip at some point during your youth, or knew someone who did.
- You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's ass
- You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout".
- You HAD to have your MTV
- You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future".
- You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name".
- You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
- You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.
- You have heard of Garbage Pail Kids.
- You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called"Prince".
- You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
- You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
- You own any cassettes.
- You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
- You remember And/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from Pizza Hut or any other stupid collection they came out with.
- Poltergeist freaked you out.
- You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
- You know what a Doozer is.
- You wore bike shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish,or knew someone who did.
- You ever had a Swatch Watch.
- You had a crush on one of the Coreys (Haim or Feldman), or knew someone who did.
- You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
- You had WonderWoman or Superman underoos.
- You know what a "Whammee" is.

hm...the 80's certainly did kick ass. Too bad I was only 2 1/2 when they ended, but thankfully, certain members of my family are still stuck in the 80's [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] They still have the Bon Jovi concert shirts...

Oh boy. I answered yes to almost all of those. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ....I feel so dated [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I cant believe that I answered yes to alot of those questions. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The only reason I could answer "yes" to those questions is thanks to my big bro [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] don't forget

YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80'S IF:

you remember when Star Wars was the shit [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I answered yes to the one about synthesizer for keyboard [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I am from 1988 but i'm not a 80's guy in this test [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jun 27 2005, 04:48 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jun 27 2005, 04:48 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
- You wanted to be a Goonie.

[snapback]110070[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yes!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[img src=\'http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2004/05/26/timzaccheo.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

you're a child of the 80's if:
You remember that before Lara Croft, Princess Toadstool was video games' first sex symbol

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jul 13 2005, 04:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jul 13 2005, 04:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]you're  a child of the 80's if:
  You remember that before Lara Croft, Princess Toadstool was video games' first sex symbol
[snapback]111953[/snapback]​
[/quote]

As far as I'm conserned, she still is! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And by the power of Greyskull, I do still have the power!

Does anybody still find themselves yelling, "Thundercats! HOOOOO!!!"
Not that I still do... just asking... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't, but I have seen a certain fashion trend lately with thundercats, Nintendo and Ninja Turlte t-shirts making the rounds at University campuses.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jul 13 2005, 06:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jul 13 2005, 06:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I don't, but I have seen a certain fashion trend lately with thundercats, Nintendo and Ninja Turlte t-shirts making the rounds at University campuses.
[snapback]111970[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I've noticed that too. I bet most of the kids I see wearing Mario shirts, haven't ever played Mario for more than a few minutes. Man, I lived off Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 back in the NES days... [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You're a child of the 1980's if you recognize this song line:

"------- ------, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero!"

I'm a child of the '80 but I don't recognize that line. Probably because it come from some english cartoon [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

On the other hand I can probably answer anything about «les mystérieuses citées d'or» [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[img src=\'http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Kscope/Caplanet/Images/caplogobig.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Two further heroes of my childhood:

[img src=\'http://epguides.com/DangerMouse/cast.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[img src=\'http://www.mathaeser.de/meta/nachrichten/2004_10/images/captain_future_01.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

And how could we forget:

[img src=\'http://www.transformerscds.com/images/rgbbutton.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Quote from Undergrads:
"Nitz, you're the one who stands behind me and gets things done. Like the black Ghostbuster."

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 1 2005, 02:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 1 2005, 02:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Two further heroes of my childhood:

[img src=\'http://epguides.com/DangerMouse/cast.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
[snapback]113747[/snapback]​
[/quote]

B E S T P R O G R A M M E E V E R ! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back