Your Top 20 Maiden tracks

Really? Even with all the straining? I'd argue that it's one of the worst performances of that song.

Best one IMO... by far! Some say the Bruce's voice was tired. I disagree: the only thing he said was that he was tired. Bruce was changing his voice by this time (The time he quit doing falsettos... Powersalve was the last album he pulled 'em). I said it before and I'll say it again: as far as I'm concerned Bruce was at his best in Live After Death, Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son. Never liked his falsetto anyway... His timbre grew body (by using way more gut and head) and he was hitting his notes on his own range he once only managed to hit by distorting his voice. All the stuff I said before is a matter of taste but one thing's certain: Live After Death is flawless. Perhaps the best metal record ever and mr. Dickinson is tight as nails on this one.

Last edited:
Curious... because out of your top 20 the only songs they never played live are Only The Good Die Young and Alexander The Great.
Well spotted. What I meant to say is that they didn't release live albums from some of my favorite album tours(SIT and AMOLAD) and they have retired a lot of my favorite songs, because they aren't very popular. But yeah, most of them were played live.

Well spotted. What I meant to say is that they didn't release live albums from some of my favorite album tours(SIT and AMOLAD) and they have retired a lot of my favorite songs, because they aren't very popular. But yeah, most of them were played live.
Yeah I see... you're right. SIT happens to be my favorite album and AMOLAD my 5th favorite and when it comes to official live releases these 2 albums combined contribute with merely 2 songs (both from SIT: Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait). Hell! IMO both discs are devoid of bad songs and have plenty of anthems :/

Updated:
  • Phantom Of The Opera (Women In Uniform B side)
  • Murders In The Rue Morgue
  • The Number Of The Beast (Live After Death)
  • Still Life
  • Revelations (Live After Death)
  • Aces High (Live After Death)
  • Powerslave (Live After Death)
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (Live After Death)
  • Caught Somewhere In Time
  • Wasted Years
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
  • Moonchild
  • Infinite Dreams
  • The Prophecy
  • Sign Of The Cross (Rock In Rio)
  • Montsegur
  • Face In The Sand
  • For The Greater Good Of God
  • The Talisman

Last edited:
I took 5 songs from each 4 era´s

Di´Anno era:
Phantom Of The Opera
Killers
Prodigal Son
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Purgatory

Bruce era:
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Revelations
Powerslave
Alexander The Great
Infinite Dreams

Blaze era:
Sign Of The Cross
Lord Of The Flies
The Edge Of Darkness
The Clansman
Don´t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger

Reunion era:
Brave New World
Rainmaker
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Parchment
Hell On Earth

End of 2021, ordered by release date:

1 - The Number Of The Beast
2 - Run To The Hills
3 - Hallowed Be Thy Name
4 - The Trooper
5 - Flight Of Icarus
6 - Aces High
7 - Powerslave
8 - Wasted Years
9 - Infinite Dreams
10 - Fear Of The Dark
11 - Blood Brothers
12 - Dance Of Death
13 - Paschendale
14 - Face In The Sand
15 - Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
16 - Coming Home
17 - The Book Of Souls
18 - Shadows Of The Valley
19 - Empire Of The Clouds
20 - The Writing On The Wall

3 Songs - The Number Of The Beast, Dance Of Death, The Book Of Souls

2 Songs - Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, The Final Frontier

1 Song - Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Fear Of The Dark, Brave New World, Senjutsu

No Songs - Iron Maiden, Killers, No Prayer For The Dying, The X Factor, Virtual XI, A Matter Of Life And Death

Back