your favourite three Dave Murray (co-)written tracks?

Dave Murray (co-) written tracks

• Age Of Innocence

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Chains Of Misery

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Charlotte The Harlot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Deja-Vu

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Drifter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fates Warning

• Judas Be My Guide

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Lightning Strikes Twice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Frontier

• Public Enema Number One

• Rainmaker

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Still Life

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • The Man Of Sorrows

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • The Man Who Would Be King

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • The Nomad

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • The Prophecy

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • the Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • The Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • When Two Worlds Collide

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
Me too. His songs are always interesting and even if it would have been my least favorite song on the album, it would have been a melodic banger for sure. A Dave song and a 2nd repeat of Hell On Earth's chorus are the only things I miss on the album, so I'm looking forward to the next one (I hope) with a Dave song on it. Probably a shorter 5-minute rocker this time, although he usually writes with Steve. Why not with Bruce again, for the first time since 1992... we haven't had a Gers/Dickinson song since either.
Agree with everything you said.
Makes me think about what I want from the next album; I think I'd like there to be more input from the three amigos, and maybe one long Harris track where he can cram all of his Harris-isms. Oh, and a single album. I'd like a tight album.

Like, a 50-60 minute album, 8-9 songs, one Harris epic. Sounds refreshing after the last two double albums (which I loved, but I don't want a third).

What exactly do we mean by tracks "written/co-written"? Did Dave write the lyrics or the instrumental parts? (Or both?)

Songs written by Dave are underrated. Really like his sense of melody, his songs just got that dark sound to them. One thing I notice is that in Dave's songs, Steve's rhythm is not that dominant as they usually are in other songs. My Top 3:

1. Deja Vu
2. Rainmaker
3. The Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Also like: Judas Be My Guide, Still Life, Lightning Strikes Twice and Fates Warning.

On another note, my friend @Dick Brucinson I think you should also add to the poll:

- Sanctuary (originally written by ex-guitarist Rob Angelo but later credited to Dave, Steve and Di'Anno)
- Twilight Zone
- Justice Of The Peace

And correct me if I'm wrong but Drifters and New Frontiers are not by Dave.

Back