Your favorite Ozzy guitarist

Which do you think is the best guitarist Ozzy has had (no Randy Rhoads)?

• Toni Iommi

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Brad Gillis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake E. Lee

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Zakk Wylde

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Deano

Ancient Mariner
Ozzy has truly been blessed with having some of the best guitarists that there has ever been play for him. Vote for your personal favorite. Mine is Jake E. Lee. I find Zakk Wylde's playing to be technically great and downright annoying after a while. The vote is a difficult choice between Toni and Jake but I find I prefer Jake's style in most instances. I'm no musician but his timing just seems right to me. Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Sin were absolutely killer albums (much can be attributed to Jake being on them), definitely the best 2 of Ozzy's solo career.

I'd not say Iommi was ever the guitarist for Ozzy. I'd rather say Ozzy was Iommi's singer  :innocent: Anyway, the way you formulate this poll I have to go with Iommi - I prefer him by a good margin to the others.

PS: I feared there was some trick in the question. Iommi is featured on a couple of Ozzy's compilation albums - these albums include tracks that Ozzy performed with Sabbath on reunion shows. So there's a way to  call Iommi Ozzy's guitarist. But mind you, I still think it is an insult to Iommi ...

Eddies Wingman said:
I'd not say Iommi was ever the guitarist for Ozzy. I'd rather say Ozzy was Iommi's singer  :innocent: Anyway, the way you formulate this poll I have to go with Iommi - I prefer him by a good margin to the others.

PS: I feared there was some trick in the question. Iommi is featured on a couple of Ozzy's compilation albums - these albums include tracks that Ozzy performed with Sabbath on reunion shows. So there's a way to  call Iommi Ozzy's guitarist. But mind you, I still think it is an insult to Iommi ...

Agreed.  Besides, I've never listened to Ozzy much, so I don't know about the others.

This is hard for me, because I like both Wylde and Jake.  I picked Jake, cause I think while with Ozzy, he was most awesome.  I'm not a 'music' guy, so I won't speak to his technical ability, I just like him more.  And he has the best hair of anyone. Period.

I am not much into Ozzy (though I like a few "hits" I heard) so I have to vote for Iommi. I like him for his own style and especially own sound.

At first, the choice was hard. I was trying to pick the "best" of the four. Then I noticed that the question is "favorite", not "best", and those are 2 different things.

It's got to be Iommi - or as some friends and I used to call him, "Ol' Plastic Fingers". The guy freaking invented heavy metal. Other bands were close, but Iommi got it right.

I still think it is an insult to Iommi ...

Don't read so much into it EW, it's a ligitimate argument. You could just as easily start a poll about who has been the best singer for Toni..... it's just a poll.

Back