Why Was Wasting Love Single Deleted?

A

Anonymous

I remember those times in 1992 but I dont know why was Wasting Love planned tu put out and then it wasnt or it was deleted or so.
I read in FC magazine and heard in Vanessa Warwicks Headbangers Ball on MTV that Iron Maiden are realeasing on 1st of September new single Wasting Love after successful tour and album. and then... I dont know anything what happened...
Does anybody?

Could you be a bit clearer in asking your question? I'm not sure I understand what info you're requesting... ::

WL single (just like Lord Of The Flies in 1996) is not "regular single" (for that reason is extremely rare) - it was released only in Australia and in EU (that's why the release date is unknown) and single is not stated in official discoraphy.
but back in 1992 it was announced as new single. From Here To Eternity was released too soon after 1st single Be Quick... single so everybody expected third single by the end of the year. but something happened and WL fell into disuse...

anybody?

Released "only" in the EU and Australia doesn't sound that rare to me.

If I remember well this was the first (and only?) Maiden artwork without an Eddie.

No. Running free live 1985 single had Bruce and Steve on the cover. No Eddie. Also, the Live + One ep is a live shot of Paul and Steve on the cover form 1981. And, the Soundhouse Tapes is another Eddie less cover.

Oh yeah the From here to Eternity single is also Eddie-less

[!--quoteo(post=128637:date=Feb 8 2006, 04:27 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 8 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]128637[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Does this link help at all?
[/quote]
I have this single. The live "bsides" recorded in the Wembley Arena on 17th December 1990 are also available as bonus tracks on the Australian version (digipack special tour edition) of Fear of the dark. As far as I remember there is a mistake in the author credits of these live tracks in the Australian release of Fear of the dark.
::

[!--quoteo(post=128658:date=Feb 9 2006, 02:31 AM:name=where_eddie_dares)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(where_eddie_dares @ Feb 9 2006, 02:31 AM) [snapback]128658[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
No. Running free live 1985 single had Bruce and Steve on the cover. No Eddie. Also, the Live + One ep is a live shot of Paul and Steve on the cover form 1981. And, the Soundhouse Tapes is another Eddie less cover.

Oh yeah the From here to Eternity single is also Eddie-less
[/quote]

Alright. Then Wasting Love and From Here To Eternity were the only studiotrack singles without Eddie in the artwork. (Live + One wasn't a single and Running Free was a live track).

i think thats it. but i still got no reason for deletion

"... The European 'Wasting Love' is getting more difficult to track down as it was deleted about two weeks after initial release. Nowadays most collectors know well in advance the different pressings being offered so they have time to get all of them and if Maiden did ever release a single outside of the UK then collectors would buy so many that it would keep the value at a steady level instead of rising and rising like that of 'Wasting Love'."

http://www.earache.com/WickedWorld/intervi...ds/trooper.html

Back