Why is bird crap white?

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
This is something I've been wondering for a long time now. Crows, for example, eat exactly thre same stuff as humans (they go through our garbage!!!) and yet their crud is white, whereas ours is most definately not (if it is, you got problems)

Any scienticians able to answer?

I just got onto www.bbc.co.uk with no problems ... maybe they've fixed things in the hours since you posted?

My understanding is that it would be almost impossible to shut down the entire internet across a whole country with anything short of an army of hackers. I think it was more likely to be your provider whose connection was temporarily broken.

Or you smash up every single server room in the county. But you would proberly need a whole army of people. But if that happened peple would proberly steal the gold from them.

could be connected with some sort of enzymes specific to birds..
maybe to do with the fact that birds explode if you feed them rice (as i've been told! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

as its their urine mixed in as well... maybe the urine is white and the excrement is black (you see black bits in it dont you)

Brown feces gets its color primarily from a pigment called bilirubin, a by-product of digestion in mammals. I know that doesn't say anything about birds (except that they obviously don't produce the same pigment).

Unlike mammals, birds don't urinate. Their kidneys extract nitrogenous wastes from the bloodstream, but instead of excreting it as urea dissolved in urine as we do, they excrete it in the form of uric acid. Uric acid has a very low solubility in water, so it emerges as a white paste. This material, as well as the output of the intestines, emerges from the bird's cloaca. The cloaca is a multi-purpose hole for birds: their wastes come out of it, they have sex by putting their cloacas together, and females lay eggs out of it.

If you want more Info on different colour poops its all in the link below

[a href=\'http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/insanity/poopinfo.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/insanity/poopinfo.html[/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+Apr 19 2004, 07:08 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ Apr 19 2004, 07:08 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
[a href=\'http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/insanity/poopinfo.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/insanity/poopinfo.html[/a] [/quote]
tabor - LMAO...

Mwuahahaha - The Interet is really full of shit! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

But nice information on that too [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Taken from Onhell:

"We eat Metal and shit chains"-Timmo Tolki

well... no comment... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] How appropriate, that's my comment.

You know how you go thru life with your head up your arse and you just don't see things right in front of you? A friend pointed out late last summer that "The birds must be eating blackberrys 'cos there's all this purple bird shit on the ground".

And she was right. You look on the pavement under a tree late summer and it's purple.!!!!

Still doesn't explain why there shit's white the rest of the time though...Maybe it's 'cos kids feed them white bread instead of brown?

yeah, and if they pooh on you after eating berries it leaves a nice irregularly shaped purple spot on the shirt....... HEADS UP! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've never had a bird crap on me. It's supposed to be lucky, same way as a black cat crossing your path is supposed to be UNLUCKY.. except if that cat catches the little bleeder that just crapped on you, it sort of turns around!

Back