Which song(s) contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s) on: 1. Iron Maiden

Vote for the song(s) with your favourite guitar solo(s)!

• Running Free

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burning Ambition

• Prowler

• Remember Tomorrow

• Phantom Of The Opera

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Transylvania

• Strange World

• Charlotte The Harlot

• Iron Maiden

• Sanctuary

• Women In Uniform

• Invasion

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Even though I don't expect this poll to get as much feedback as the popular Survival Series, I still guess some of you like to focus on the solos of the Maiden boys. I realize this is not one of the easiest polls, but nonetheless your feedback is appreciated!

Notes:
1. You may cast 1 or 2 votes on the song(s) which contain(s) your favourite guitar solo(s). The winner* will come back in the final where all albums will be represented by the strongest songs (solo-wise that is)!

2. In this poll the word solo may be interpreted as broad as you like. E.g., the lead guitars / harmonies / licks (whatever you like to call them) in Iron Maiden & Running Free are imho not really solos since they are repetitive motives, but you can still vote for these tracks in case you like these moments better than others.

3. I will also do the B-sides, so when an album title is mentioned in the subject, this should be interpreted as the "era of that album", not only the album songs themselves.

4. Every poll will run for one week.

5. Only studio tracks.

Last but not least: Thanks a lot in advance for your contribution!  :ok:

*In case of a tie, a tiebreak will be done to select one song for the final.

Phantom and Prowler. Which are incidentally my 2 favorite songs from Iron Maiden.

Phantom's solos are classic. I like the fast and aggressive solo in Prowler as well as the opening guitar work too, so it got the nod.

I voted Phantom and Strange World. Great idea Forostar!

There are solos in Transylvania BTW.

Jonszat said:
Phantom and Prowler. Which are incidentally my 2 favorite songs from Iron Maiden.

+ 1

Good to see you considered the choices well, you admitted they are incidentally your 2 favourite songs. I say this because I was a bit afraid that people could be tempted to "just" vote for their favourite songs, and that's it. Naturally, often these favourites can be the same as the favourite solo songs (I guess I will be confronted with this as well, since the solo parts are for me the highlights of most Maiden songs), but who knows the choices will be different in other cases.

Mega said:
Great idea Forostar!

Glad you like it!

lordantwarrior said:
Transylvania

+ 1

Prowler and Phantom. The solo in Prowler probably has the highest air guitar factor of them all. The solos in Phantom of the Opera are varied - the slow one is one of Davey's best slow solos, and the fast ones are of course quality as well.

Back