Which five Maiden songs would you like to see live one day?

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
If you would choose (only) five tracks... which ones?

I'd go for these:

1. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
2. Alexander The Great
3. Deja-vu
4. Infinite Dreams
5. The Duellists

Five? Well, I would like to have a little from different eras, and of course some of 'em would have to be rarely played (or never played) songs. Let's give it a shot.

Caught Somewhere in Time
Paschendale
Phantom of the Opera
Only The Good Die Young
Alexander the Great

There we've got two songs never played live, a classic opener which unfortunately hasn't been played since Somewhere On Tour, the greatest song of the 6-man era and the greatest song from the Di'Anno era. This would make for a 40-minutes long eargasm.

Paschendale
Brighter than a Thousand Suns
Phantom of the Opera
Blood Brothers
Alexander the Great

Something like that.  I didn't include songs which I've seen live, though Rime, Revelations (my best concert experience ever) and Fear of the Dark could also make the list.

Would love to see these 5, not necessarily my favorites, but I don't have 7 live versions of them either.

1. To Tame a Land
2. Face in the Sand (although Nicko has said he refuses to play the double bass again)
3. Alexander the Great
4. Strange World (would love to hear Bruce's take on this)
5. Phantom of the Opera

But seriously ANY song that hasn't been played on the last 5 tours would be welcome.

To Tame A Land
Infinite Dreams
The Nomad
Paschendale
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

That's right, I picked Nomad over ATG.

Nomad would be amazing live, especially if they could some how squeeze it in in under eight minutes. Toward the end I find it gets a little repetitive, but otherwise a worthy nominee!

You dare speak ill of The Nomad in my presence?!?!?

I shall crush you. :p

The only thing "wrong" with The Nomad is that it's too damn short!

Every song ever written is too short - even the perfect songs.

Except for suckass songs. They're too long.

However, "The Nomad" sucks nothing, and especially not ass. "The Nomad" kicks - especially ass, and even more especially your mother's ass.
headbang.gif

Difficult to pick five songs as they regularly play my favourite songs but if I had to go with songs I have never heard live in the flesh then it would have to go like:

1: Stranger in a strange Land
2: Caught somewhere in Time
3: Seventh son of a seventh son
4: Murders in the Rue Morgue
5: Nomad (perfectly too short)

1) Paschendale
2) Blood Brothers
3) Dance of Death
4) Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
5) Infinite Dreams

Can't really explain, other than these are some of my favorites that I just haven't heard live (yet). I doubt number 4 on that list will ever be played live but you know, I can still hope.

Back