What new stufff would you like to see Maiden do?

A

Anonymous

In the same vein as adding sunth for 7th son and putting an acoustic song onto DoD what new ideas would you like to see maiden add?

Personally I like the darker sound and themes of the newer albums alot more than the older stuff. I'd like to hear Maiden add a female singer for a song or two [like Cradle Of filth - Nymphetamine] and maybe use some classical instruments like violins and organs.

no way man- the old stuff kicks ass- i like all the new and old- i dont think maiden could pull off a song with violins, avtually they probably could, but would they want to? i wouldnt.- plus they have several more acoustic riffs and such in earlier albums- children of the damned...ect

Why not accordion and a bit of harmonica? Some steel drums would be nice too...

Like they say, ask a stupid question... [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Revenant+Jan 29 2005, 05:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Revenant @ Jan 29 2005, 05:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'd like to hear Maiden add a female singer for a song or two [like Cradle Of filth - Nymphetamine]
[snapback]97014[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'd rather die. That silly woman ruined that COF song. It'll never happen (thankfully).

I personally think it is quite a good question, but you normally get shot down for asking anything here [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think it would be interesting to see them go for something really epic, like another concept album.

Maybe bringing in an even bigger sounds, if possible, like the use of an orchestra etc (although they would have to be a bit careful as that is a bit of a trend at the moment)

I am sure Steve has some great idea lined up though.

[!--QuoteBegin-thebadgerboy+Jan 30 2005, 01:49 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thebadgerboy @ Jan 30 2005, 01:49 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I personally think it is quite a good question, but you normally get shot down for asking anything here  [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97051[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Blame that Victor Meldrew bloke. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just wait and see what they come up with. I'm not expecting anything except excellence.... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-thebadgerboy+Jan 29 2005, 07:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thebadgerboy @ Jan 29 2005, 07:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I personally think it is quite a good question, but you normally get shot down for asking anything here  [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97051[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Someone with 4 posts who joined just 11 days ago knows how things "normally" go around here?

No, you don't get shot down for asking questions around here. As you can see, several persons have attempted to give reasonable answers to the question. Sometimes you just have to take's Maverick's posts with a grain of salt - after all, he is our resident Grumpy Old Man ™. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Maybe Maiden should go Pop, like Britney Spears, and sing songs like "Crazy", and putting half-naked chicks, dancing techno style, in their video clips...
Or maybe, they should try to do some jazz... yeah, "The Trooper" Jazz-version. Why not ??[/quote]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGRHGRHRRHGHG!!!!! *DIES* [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

------- thanks alot....... now im dead---------

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jan 29 2005, 06:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jan 29 2005, 06:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Why not accordion and a bit of harmonica? Some steel drums would be nice too...
Like they say, ask a stupid question...  [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97016[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah and get Zamphir with his pan flute...that would rule!!.....lol

Maybe Bruce can do a duet with Cher....... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jan 30 2005, 06:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jan 30 2005, 06:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Someone with 4 posts who joined just 11 days ago knows how things "normally" go around here?
[/quote]

I have watched this forum for a long, long time, I just haven't got round to posting much. I was registered previously but lost all my details [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-thebadgerboy+Feb 2 2005, 07:32 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thebadgerboy @ Feb 2 2005, 07:32 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have watched this forum for a long, long time, I just haven't got round to posting much.  I was registered previously but lost all my details  [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97210[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Fair enough - I evidently jumped to conclusions too quickly, then. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Adding a guest musician on one or two songs would be a very interesting idea. Just imagine a bass duel between Steve Harris and Geezer Butler, for example. Or why not two voices singing one song? Maiden should be open to such ideas. It could bring totally unimagined and inspiring elements into their music.

Or, for a start, how about enhancing the Celtic element they've developed in their recent albums with different instruments? I can imagine a song like Blood Brothers or No More Lies with a nice flute melody.

I just want that maiden makes a good surprising new album just like they did with dance of death, that album sure did surprise me in a good way, take the song dance of death that is pretty different than stuff on the brave new world album.
Just let them surprise us again !!! I KNOW THEY CAN [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I agree with Maiden Maniac. I know the boys will make some great stuff.(again) And with Steve behind the steering wheel I don't think we'll see any artsy fartsy stuff.
Of the new elements I want, I think the flute melodies sounds like a nice idea if it isn't overdone. And I quite like the "big" sound on songs like Paschendale and The Nomad. I'd like to see more of that too.

That's it from me.
Up The Irons!

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Feb 3 2005, 03:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Feb 3 2005, 03:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Bagpipes.

'nuff said.
[snapback]97314[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back