What album features your favourite Iron Maiden song (plus read on).

What album features your favourite Iron Maiden song (read on)?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Piece Of Mind

• Powerslave

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Somewhere In Time

• Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

• No Prayer For The Dying

• Fear of The Dark

• The X-Factor

• Virtual XI

• Brave New World

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
What album features your favourite Iron Maiden song. Vote for that album and please mention the track. Besides this, please also mention in your post:

-Your 2nd favourite song (plus album title)
-Your 3rd favourite song (plus album title)

Rule: only album songs are allowed. Choose whatever album songs you like (there's no maximum of one song per album, so more songs from the same album is allowed)

The poll wll show the results, but I will count all the written answers as well to make a list.
Please contribute, thanks in advance! :)

My favourite song is 'For the Greater Good of God' (A Matter of Life and Death) followed by 'The Nomad' (Brave New World).

1. Dream of mirrors (Brave New World)
2. Fear of the dark (Fear of the dark)
3. Prisoner (The number of the beast)

1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (Powerslave)
2. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son)
3. Sign Of The Cross (The X-Factor ; though I like the Rock in Rio version way better)

1. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (Powerslave)
2. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son)
3. Infinite Dreams* (Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son)

*A very close call with The Duellists!

Five votes in, and I don't see the words Paschendale or Hallowed?  Must remedy this!

1. Paschendale (Dance of Death)
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name (The Number Of The Beast)
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (A Matter Of Life And Death)

Ugh...how predictable.  I feel...dirty...and common.

1. The Evil That Men Do (Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son)
2. No More Lies (Dance Of Death)
3. For The Greater Good Of God (A Matter Of Life And Death)

This was a hard one! I absolutely LOVE the Duellists, but I opted for Brave New World because Out of the Silent Planet along with The Wicker Man, The Thin Line and Dream of Mirrors wins out. Having Out of the silent planet and the duellists on the same level the other songs were needed to win out :D

Onhell said:
This was a hard one! I absolutely LOVE the Duellists, but I opted for Brave New World because Out of the Silent Planet along with The Wicker Man, The Thin Line and Dream of Mirrors wins out. Having Out of the silent planet and the duellists on the same level the other songs were needed to win out :D

Hi Onhell, perhaps you misunderstood this topc? Just in case:

What album features your favourite Iron Maiden song. Vote for that album and please mention the track. Besides this, please also mention in your post:

-Your one but favourite song (plus album title)
-Your second but favourite song (plus album title)

Rule: only album songs are allowed. Choose whatever album songs you like (there's no maximum of one song per album, so more songs from the same album is allowed)

So no "What is my favourite album"-poll. 

Summary:
Please mention your three favourite songs (top 3, and vote for the album which contains song nr. 1)
Same goes for http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=15938.0

1. Iron Maiden - The Phantom Of The Opera
2. Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. For The Greater Good Of God - A Matter Of Life and Death

Hello Forostar, I don't think you understood my post.
you said
Forostar said:
What album features your favourite Iron Maiden song.
If you see my post I said Brave New World (ALBUM)

Vote for that album and please mention the track.
I voted for BNW and I said the track was Out of the Silent Planet (seriously, double check)

Besides this, please also mention in your post:

-Your one but favourite song (plus album title)
-Your second but favourite song (plus album title)
AGAIN, Out of the silent planet
I did mention my love for The Duellists (from Powerslave) though not explicitly as my second favorite.

The confusion may arise in that I do like both of them quite a lot and having to choose the album from which the favorite song is from, I opted for BNW because it has more songs I enjoy than Powerslave... hope that clears things up :)

2. For the Greater Good of God (A Matter of Life and Death)
3. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Number of the Beast)

Close but no cigar: Infinite Dreams, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Aftermath and more.

Fine. I'll number them then.

1. Dance Of Death: Paschendale
2. SIT: Wasted Years
3. Piece Of Mind: Still Life. Dave's best intro!  ;)
7th Son: 7th Son
Brave New World: Tough choice between Wicker Man and Dream Of Mirrors. Wicker Man is a fantastic opener. But Dream Of Mirrors is just amazing! It has one of Janick's best solos. I have said my piece about Janick in other threads, but he did excellent on this one.

Onhell said:
Hello Forostar, I don't think you understood my post.
you saidIf you see my post I said Brave New World (ALBUM)
I voted for BNW and I said the track was Out of the Silent Planet (seriously, double check)
AGAIN, Out of the silent planet
I did mention my love for The Duellists (from Powerslave) though not explicitly as my second favorite.

The confusion may arise in that I do like both of them quite a lot and having to choose the album from which the favorite song is from, I opted for BNW because it has more songs I enjoy than Powerslave... hope that clears things up :)

To be honest, no I do not understand it. Blame me, but I do not see what your top 3 favourite Maiden songs are. Most others have a simple:
1. (favourite song)
2. (2nd fav)
3. (3rd fav)

I'll just ask it plain and simple: Please mention your three favourite songs (top 3), and vote for the album which contains song nr. 1

@Powergirl, would you do the same?:

Please mention your three favourite songs (top 3), and vote for the album which contains song nr. 1

OOOOOH see, on my side of the globe we say our FIRST, SECOND and THIRD favorite song. None of this backward grammatical math of favorite but first or but second or butt nothing.... Like in your FIRST post:
Forostar said:

-Your 2nd favourite song (plus album title)
-Your 3rd favourite song (plus album title)

Which I did not read until now :p

ANYWAY

Out of the Silent Planet (Brave New World)
Duellists (Powerslave)
Thin Line Between Love and Hate (BNW)

2. Powerslave (Powerslave)
3. Dream of Mirrors (Brave New World)

Onhell said:
OOOOOH see, on my side of the globe we say our FIRST, SECOND and THIRD favorite song.

Ah, I already thought it had to do with this big Atlantic Ocean between us ;)

@Powergirl81: only one no. 3 allowed, so I'll count Still Life as 3rd and not the 7th Son and the BNW tracks.

Cheers to all who voted! :)

Back