Wasted Years

How good is Wasted Years on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Odd question, at the 2:52 mark of the official video there's an Eddie that sort of looks like he's supposed to be a Canadian Mountie smoking a cigar. Does anyone know where this graphic originally appeared?

It was made by Derek Riggs to promote the Canadian Tour 84 . It appeared in the FC Magazine and many other magazines and It was mainly used for the Canadian event T-shirts, postcards and other merchandise

Now here’s a song where Bruce’s performance actually intensifies its greatness. The vocal production here is superb and Bruce does an excellent job on this Adrian rocker. Gorgeous. And H’s guitar playing is just unmatched on this song. That riff, that solo, beautiful. And when the two guys sing together on the chorus? Fantastic. They really should have used H a lot more as a second vocalist in Maiden because his voice is great and works as a wonderful counterpoint to Bruce’s. Ah well. Terrific song. 10/10

Best song on the album, one of Maiden's most emotional songs and possibly Adrian's best solo ever.

10/10

Not gonna make friends with the next couple of songs, but I'm not a big fan of Adrian's songs. As far as guitar playing goes H is my absolute favorite and his approach to solos was very influential to me. Unfortunately he tends to write songs that I don't enjoy and from the main song writers he's my least favorite.

Wasted Years isn't as bad as some other songs. The intro lick is addictive and I love how it is used throughout the song, and how the accompaniment changes and builds up. The verses and the chorus especially are quite poppy for Maiden standards. Thankfully the melodies and vocals aren't as obnoxious as some passages on the previous album, so the score won't suffer too much. Love that we can hear H sing prominently in the live versions.

A statement that'll be rather common for most songs on this album and won't come as a surprise to anyone: Adrian's solo is stellar and elevates the song. Special shout-out to Steve's bass lines before and during the solo. Maybe the fact that someone else wrote a lot of the material on this album made Steve go all out on bass fills. It's definitely fun to listen to. A good 7.

Back