Vote For 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

That's cool that they got in. Same with Heart and Albert King.

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2014 are in, and the list includes Nirvana, Kiss, the Replacements and Hall and Oates. The rest of this year's hopefuls are the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Chic, Deep Purple, Peter Gabriel, LL Cool J, N.W.A, Link Wray, the Meters, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens, Yes and the Zombies. The top vote-getters will be inducted in April at a ceremony in New York City.

The nominees for the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are in, and for the second consecutive year, the public gets to vote alongside the artists, historians and music industry insiders of the Rock Hall voting body. From now until December 10th, fans can vote on RollingStone.com for the nominees they'd like to see inducted. The top five acts will comprise a "fan's ballot" that will count as one of the more than 600 ballots that determine the Class of 2014.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees-20131016

Voted for Purple, Gabriel, KISS and Nirvana.

I'm pretty sure they are running out of big names and that's why they are inducting bands who were eligible for a long time already. Pretty sure Maiden's gotta get in soon.

Nirvana is a lock, regardless of the fan vote. The Replacements SHOULD get in, and they have a fighting chance as they were critics' darlings and were more influential than successful. KISS will probably get in, despite being completely awful. That would be a good sign for Priest/Maiden, at any rate. I'll be very interested to see what happens with Deep Purple. Crazy that they aren't in already, though it was really only the Mark II lineup that is worthy of honor.

The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2014 are in, and the list includes Nirvana, Kiss, the Replacements and Hall and Oates. The rest of this year's hopefuls are the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Chic, Deep Purple, Peter Gabriel, LL Cool J, N.W.A, Link Wray, the Meters, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens, Yes and the Zombies.
Bands in red will be inducted next year, it's official. Better luck next time for Deep Purple it seems :down:

One example of Hall and Oates.

I'll admit, this is a nice list of inductee's but....there are so many other bands that are waaaay long overdue and deserve the honor more than the inductee's here.

Deep Purple not getting in is a sham. But, I am happy to see Kiss make it and that we might see the originals play together again

Hall and Oates were popular as hell as a pop rock band. They are not all that great IMO, but they have some catchy songs.

Back