Unpopular Metal/Rock Opinions

• Most of the glam / hair metal stuff of the 80's have aged better than pretty much everything. Insane production values that still hold up compared to present day and songwriters and performers at their absolute best. Examples: Dokken - Back for the Attack, Ratt - Detonator, Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood, Don Dokken - Up from the Ashes.
The single biggest shift I have done in my 'career' as a music listener is probably growing to appreciate Kirk Hammett. Hardwired did a lot. Really liked that record.

The single biggest shift I have done in my 'career' as a music listener is probably growing to appreciate Kirk Hammett. Hardwired did a lot. Really liked that record.

Interesting that it was that particular record that done it, given Kirk had next to no input.

Reactions: Jer
While watching my friend absolutely nail the Free Bird solo last night, I thought to myself that it's actually not worthy of being hailed as one of the greatest guitar solos of all time. The opening lick is tasty, but it quickly becomes repetitive boringness and doesn't go anywhere.

I dislike death metal, with the exception of Death and Possessed. Those are the only two bands I could get into.
You may have already heard some of their work, but I gotta recommend Carcass since you like those two. Their riffs are great and they approach their music like a rock’n’roll band, only, heavier. Very fun group.

Back