Uncle Eddie Wants YOU!

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
What's the matter people? I've recently done my duty as a maiden fan and voted in the English commentary for almost every album (missing two i think) and notice most songs only had 41 total votes! More people voted for American Idol! Hell, more people voted in the US elections! So get on over to the commentary and vote your heart off! Make uncle Eddie proud!

More people even voted in the last Iranian elections [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That is very true!! about adding comments to songs, I thought about waiting until i had time to do that but realized everything that could be said about the song (its great, it sucks, good intro, great solo etc) had already been said and no need to repeat it. Only Duke's stoner's BS on Icarus and other songs have been the most original imput in the last 6 months.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Mar 11 2005, 06:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Mar 11 2005, 06:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That is very true!! about adding comments to songs, I thought about waiting until i had time to do that but realized everything that could be said about the song (its great, it sucks, good intro, great solo etc) had already been said and no need to repeat it. Only Duke's stoner's BS on Icarus and other songs have been the most original imput in the last 6 months.
[snapback]99648[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Excuse me, but theres nothing original or new to say, it's already been said. Don't try and say that its our fault theres nothing new going on at the moment. [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In these forums, you only have to vote. Whatever you write is up to you, as long as the ratings keep coming in. You can skip the comments.

What's sad about the whole story is that people don't seem to understand the purpose of these polls. They vote for their favourite songs and ignore the rest. It's about RATING the songs, not voting exclusively for your favourite Maiden tunes...

Well, go explain that to some people... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've rated most of the songs already, and if I haven't voted it's probably because some songs are particularly hard to rate! By the way, will those polls last forever or will the average ratings be posted on the Commentary sometime?

The ratings will be posted on the Commentary when they are "stable", i.e., when they all have a sufficient number of votes to ensure that the value isn't going to change significantly in the future (I don't want to have to update the pages every time a new vote comes in!).

A rating of 4.90, like for 'Hallowed...' for instance, makes a definite 5-star song. However, there are still some with "borderline" ratings that hover between a half and a full star.

I suppose that, when we reach 100 votes for each song, we'll have a clearer view. So I hope that people keep rating the songs and not just vote for the ones they prefer, like they sadly tend to do. Like I said, it's not about voting your Top 10 or whatever Maiden songs, but about giving an appreciative note to the songs.

Important note: the polls are also there so you can give your opinion on the song. People like Uwe and Maidenfreak, to name but these two, did an excellent job. Some, like Gor (and others!), add valuable information and insight into the songs, and this is very much appreciated. This forum is special in the way that it allows the visitors to discuss the songs and give their opinions (although I could do without entries like "tihs iz my fav song it reely roxx" followed my 50 irrelevant smileys). I hope I got my point across to you all out there [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Mar 12 2005, 12:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Mar 12 2005, 12:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think it's very hard to rate a song. One day you can like it very much and the next it's not that fantastic anymore...
[snapback]99688[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I completely agree, but, well, these ratings are subjective anyway [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Mar 11 2005, 06:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Mar 11 2005, 06:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Excuse me, but theres nothing original or new to say, it's already been said. Don't try and say that its our fault theres nothing new going on at the moment.  [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99655[/snapback]​
[/quote]
There is absolutely no need to put words in my mouth and no need to act so hostile either. I NEVER said it is your fault. if you actually READ what i said I said to simply vote, that you DID NOT have to wait until you had something to say because as you have so rudely pointed out everything has already been said.

I've taken some time to vote for all songs a few months ago. Sometimes it's hard and now I can't even remember which note I gave some songs.

I really want to comment some of them, but I will when I have enough time to write something interesting.

My goal is still to comment all the songs, but you shall all wait [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And, finally, it's true that I love listening to a song as a part of a full album. It's like a chapter from a book for me: very hard to separate from the overall feeling.

Cheers

For me, there's a bunch of songs which never had any impact on me and I sometimes I don't even know if I think they deserve a high rating or not. Some of them are good songs really, but just never stuck in my brain. Problem might be I haven't listened much to Maiden the last few months so I can't relate to some songs anymore.

As for comments, I'll post one when I've got somehing to say. I won't comment on all songs saying "great song" or something like that.

Back