The X-Factor or Virtual XI

Which album do you like better?

• The X-Factor

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters
The X Factor, definitely. It's a difficult listen, but, in the end, it's also a brilliant effort. Virtual XI, although enjoyable enough and featuring some brilliant deep cuts, is Maiden's weakest by a mile.

Last edited:
Both The X Factor and Virtual XI are crucial to Maiden history and stand on their own among the titans the band has cranked out. Both have not a single song I would not want to hear, it's just a matter of how good said songs are. Overall though, as an album I find The X Factor to be the better of the two. Dark, gloomy, it's an epic Harris creation.

Both The X Factor and Virtual XI are crucial to Maiden history
This. Totally agree. I think all Maiden albums are crucial to their history, actually. Like, I've seen some say that there's "that album" or "that song" that should've never been recorded, but for me, I see each and every one of them as necessary steps in the band's progression and maturity process. There's no "unnecessary" in Maiden's catalog.

The X Factor is my 6th favorite Maiden record (tied with Killers). Virtual XI is second to last (only bests the utter disaster that is Fear Of the Dark). IMO this isn't even a fair comparison.

The X Factor. Although bloated and lumbering, it is miles better than the embarrassment of riches that is Virtual XI.

Back