The Translated Lyrics Game - Championship One!

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Welcome to the Translated Lyrics Game!

In this game, I'll post a snippet of lyrics from a song. We'll start with Iron Maiden, but if I change artists, I will be fair and let you know. The lyrics have been run through Google Translate ~20 times and then back to English.

I chose everything, including the song and the language translate order, randomly.

We'll do leaderboards for every 10 songs, and after 10 songs someone will be declared the Translated Lyrics Champion! We will then proceed to the next round of 10. Rounds will last as long as I want, but will be updated once guesses stop coming in.

How to get points:

1) Guess the song correctly! Your first guess counts. I can see histories, remember. This is worth five points.
2) Guess the particular lyric that I have done - this is worth five points as well.
3) Guess the languages that I translated against. You can guess up to 5 languages per guess. English doesn't count. You can find the full list on Wiki. Each correct language guess is worth 1 point.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Championship One, Round One:

I feel my love
,. In life... I feel like a person
How important is the goat's head? "
Always give us evil, we are swallowed,
We have to go somewhere

I changed the rules slightly to add "which lyrics do you think are translated".

Song: “The Clairvoyant” (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

Stanza:
I wonder why, I wonder how
That it seems that the
Power’s getting stronger every day
I feel a strength, an inner fire
But I’m scared I won’t be able to control it anymore

Languages: Tagalog, Arabic, Welsh, Armenian, Chinese (Traditional)

Interesting guesses! I wonder if I made the first one too hard, since we aren't getting a lot of thoughts.

I've found that I like this living in danger
Living on edge it feels... it makes me feel as one
Who cares now what's right or wrong it's reality
Killing so we survive wherever we may roam
Wherever we may hide we've got to get away

Back