The Legend Of Zelda?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
I see, I liked the Phantasy Star games and I thought they may have had something to do with each other because of their similarities.

Ok, I don't like Turn-based RPG's for the same reason I don't like American Football, I don't care about the points, the action is too slow. I LOVE beat them ups like Double Dragon, Streets of Rage and the like where if I want to hit you multiple times I can rather than stricking once and MAYBE hitting my target, only to stand around and let the fucker hit me back.

That's the reason of Zelda's success. It uses best elements of RPGs (storylines, inventory, large overworld, dungeons), while retaining the action-based realtime combat.

I definitely prefer turn-based RPGs, but there are many adventure games I love (LoZ, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore come immediately to mind).

Hey, has anyone here played Earthbound?

Zare said:
That's the reason of Zelda's success. It uses best elements of RPGs (storylines, inventory, large overworld, dungeons), while retaining the action-based realtime combat.

And Diablo... Starcraft is Real Time Strategy, but I'll lump it in there.

Yup, Diablo is definetly in that domain.

LooseCannon, i saw EarthBound on SNES, but i haven't played it. I did try playing Star Ocean, it's a beautiful game, but i just don't like the RPG turn based style.

I sit here playing FF III as you say that.  I am saddened.  I always found the storylines in turn-based games to be more indepth than adventure games.  One of the reasons I love them.

Storylines are great, as i've mentioned while listing the strenghts of RPG genre.

Double Dragon was the first game I really got hooked on...

double-dragon-2.png

Back