The IMC

I am an usual user of the IMC (I never entered in the forum). Is this forum related to the IMC? Why is the IMC not updated since more than a year ago? Is Maverick yet the webmaster? Has the IMC moved?

Thanks!

I'm not an expert on some things but since no one else has answered yet:
Yes, this forum is related to the IMC.  Maverick used some posts from this forum in the commentary, for example.  :)  Maverick disappeared about a year ago (or so I've heard, since he disappeared a bit before I joined), but I think the mods know.  I don't think anyone takes care of the commentary any more so that's why it hasn't been updated.
You might want to check out this link.  It's basically the Commentary in Wiki form, except that only selected people can edit it (in practice, older members of this forum, if I remember correctly.). 

Invader said:
I'm not an expert on some things but since no one else has answered yet:
Yes, this forum is related to the IMC.  Maverick used some posts from this forum in the commentary, for example.  :)  Maverick disappeared about a year ago (or so I've heard, since he disappeared a bit before I joined), but I think the mods know.  I don't think anyone takes care of the commentary any more so that's why it hasn't been updated.
You might want to check out this link.  It's basically the Commentary in Wiki form, except that only selected people can edit it (in practice, older members of this forum, if I remember correctly.). 
Thanks a lot, I readed something about a wiki, but I found it weird...
I have to say I am happy IMC is still alive and now it is a wiki (I collaborate in es and en wikipedia.org), but I'd like to know about Mav... I hope he is ok...

What do you think about translating into Spanish? is there any project of translating the wiki to other languages?

By the way, great work done in the wiki, go on, I'll try to help when possible!

Maverick is gone and will never be back.  The IMC will not be updated.  The Wiki as a project will eventually be completed, but it's currently in pre-Alpha phase and the best and really only source of reference currently is the IMC.

Translation projects may be accepted in the future but currently will not be, for either the IMC or the Wiki.  It might take a year or so or more.

LooseCannon said:
Maverick is gone and will never be back.  The IMC will not be updated.  The Wiki as a project will eventually be completed, but it's currently in pre-Alpha phase and the best and really only source of reference currently is the IMC.

Translation projects may be accepted in the future but currently will not be, for either the IMC or the Wiki.  It might take a year or so or more.

Ok, thanks for answering! I hope Mav is ok even if he's out...

I supposed the wiki was a project, but at least IMC is still alive, I think it is the best place to find info (even better than official homepage) and I think it would be a pity to loose Baeleron and Mavericks work. If you want any help with the wiki I offer myself (I help in spanish and english wikipedia.org).

As the IMC is huge the translating work will last for long, so I think I will start working soon to make it shorter. I think I will create a wiki at mediawiki (with no public access and with a personal name like translationnumber1 or something like that) and start there; so when you think it is the moment we can transfer easily what is done.

Forgive my english, I consider I can read and understand english really well (and of course translate it into my mother language) but I write and speak a little worse.

LooseCannon said:

May I ask why?

a simple question

exqcuse about my english... i dont now it very well.... I'm a fan of iron maiden... from far far away country... i want to now about new tours... also about dvds.... but i dont IMC wasnt updated since 2006 ... i want to know how can i found this news... and why somebody else cant be a webmaster....

Re: a simple question

mr.jack said:
exqcuse about my english... i dont now it very well.... I'm a fan of iron maiden... from far far away country... i want to now about new tours... also about dvds.... but i dont IMC wasnt updated since 2006 ... i want to know how can i found this news... and why somebody else cant be a webmaster....

Well, Mr. Jack (citizen of 'Far, Far away-land')...

The Commentary is Maverick's property.  As long as he's here, he'll be the one adding to it, and it's up to him as to whether or not new tours/releases are put on it.  As with all things, good things come to those who wait, so be patient.

Btw...not releated to the IMC, but to the site in general. There is some misinformation on the main site, for instance it says that "Only The Good Die Young" was played on the Seventh Tour and such.

Back