The Greatest Metal Song Cup - Part II, Round 3, Matches 67-72

What is your favourite song in each match? Vote in all six matchups!

• Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ----------------------------

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
And hot take: barring "Angel of Death" and "The Sentinel", "Jesu død" is the best song here. This is an eight minute song that perfectly builds and sustains and intense atmosphere with its incredibly melodic feel.
I, and many others, just hear noise. It's eight minutes of listening to your neighbor leave their chainsaw on and unattended as it flops around a shoddy garage. I simply cannot look past every single basic element of production to hear this "perfectly built" song you're talking about.

Search and Destroy is fun, but just about any part of Deliverance is more interesting than it.

More Human Than Human has decent groove and a terrible chorus. Still don't have a high opinion of it. Jesu Død is a little overlong, and basically a trance song with black metal aesthetic which I'm not too big on. Still better.

Warzone is great, hard to deny The Sentinel's greatness even if I don't ever listen to it.

I like Dream Theater.

Super cool stuff in Wide Shut, it's a little too well produced though. Angel of Death is perfect.

Anthem that goes on for twice as long as it should vs a lively interesting song. Freezing Moon

Search and Destroy is fun, but just about any part of Deliverance is more interesting than it.

More Human Than Human has decent groove and a terrible chorus. Still don't have a high opinion of it. Jesu Død is a little overlong, and basically a trance song with black metal aesthetic which I'm not too big on. Still better.

Warzone is great, hard to deny The Sentinel's greatness even if I don't ever listen to it.

I like Dream Theater.

Super cool stuff in Wide Shut, it's a little too well produced though. Angel of Death is perfect.

Anthem that goes on for twice as long as it should vs a lively interesting song. Freezing Moon
If nobody got me, I know Shmoolikipod got me. :shred:

“Search And Destroy” vs. “Deliverance”: A shit song with good guitar work vs. a great song with shitty extreme vocals? No contest despite the Cookie Monster nonsense. Congratulations, MrJunkerMyBride. Winner: Opeth - “Deliverance”

“More Human Than Human” vs. “Jesu Død”: A dope groove vs. a better-than-it-ought-to-be black metal song that runs on twice as long as it should? Sorry, @Magnus, but I know which song I’d rather listen to again. Winner: White Zombie - “More Human Than Human”

“Warzone” vs. “The Sentinel”: Great riffs, a decent vocal line, and little else from Armored Saint aren’t enough to topple a very good Judas Priest track. Congratusorrylations @MrKnickerbocker, but The Kissindrocker’s nominee takes this one. Winner: Judas Priest - “The Sentinel”

“The Spirit Carries On” vs. “Smoke On The Water”: A schmaltzy Dream Theater track only partially redeemed by its solo vs. a solidly good Deep Purple track? Sorry, @DJMayes, but the list nominee is preferable here. Winner: Deep Purple - “Smoke On The Water”

“Wide Shut” vs. “Angel Of Death”: A good and interesting Myrath track vs. a better-than-average but still disappointing Slayer track? Sorry, KaGGno, but @Confeos ‘s nominee takes this one. Winner: Myrath - “Wide Shut”

“Warriors Of The World United” vs. “Freezing Moon”: A cheesy AF yet catchy Manowar track vs. a shit show with a few bright spots? Congratulations, @Poto, your nominee takes this one easily. Winner: Manowar - “Warriors Of The World United”

Opeth has delivered us from, uh, punk. Do you think that the only kind of zombie that Burzum likes is a White Zombie? Judas Priest's sentinel has smashed Armored Saint in the warzone. The spirit carries the smoke on the water on to Dream Theater. Close your eyes wide shut because the angel of death has come to, uh, Slayer us all. Warriors of the world, unite! Manowar is here to defend us from the frozen moon!

Part II, Round 3, Matches 67-72

Group Stage - Round 3
Match 67
Virtual XI Division​
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
vs.
Overkill - Elimination​
@srfc
Nominators
DigitalDreamDoor 100, Rate Your Music 100, Best Music Art 100​
0-1-0, 0 pts, -2
Record
0-1-0, 0 pts, -5​
Youtube | Spotify | Amazon
Links

Group Stage - Round 3
Match 68
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Division​
Annihilator - Alison Hell
vs.
Manowar - Battle Hymn​
Popoff 500
Nominators
Popoff 500, DigitalDreamDoor 100, Rate Your Music 100
@Perun
1-0-0, 2 pts, +4
Record
1-0-0, 2 pts, +10​
Links

Group Stage - Round 3
Match 69
Sanctuary Division​
Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be
vs.
Ozzy Osbourne - Over the Mountain​
Popoff 500
Nominators
Popoff 500, DigitalDreamDoor 100, Rate Your Music 100, Best Music Art 100​
1-0-0, 2 pts, +2
Record
1-0-0, 2 pts, +6​
Links

Group Stage - Round 3
Match 70
Somewhere in Time Division​
Sentenced - Fields of Blood, Harvester of Hate
vs.
Bathory - A Fine Day to Die​
@Magnus
Nominators
Popoff 500, Rolling Stone 100, DigitalDreamDoor 100, Rate Your Music 100​
0-1-0, 0 pts, -3
Record
1-0-0, 2 pts, +9​
Links

Group Stage - Round 3
Match 71
BBC Archives Division​
Motörhead - Killed by Death
vs.
Slayer - Raining Blood​
Popoff 500, Best Music Art 100
Nominators
Popoff 500, Rolling Stone 100, DigitalDreamDoor 100, Radio EHS 100, Rate Your Music 100, VH1 40
@Diesel 11, @KiDDo
1-0-0, 2 pts, +1
Record
1-0-0, 2 pts, +11​
Links

Group Stage - Round 3
Match 72
Hell on Earth Division​
Nightwish - The Siren
vs.
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark​