The Greatest Metal Song Cup - Part II, Round 2, Matches 70-75

What is your favourite song in each match?

• ----------------------------

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
King Diamond - Abigail vs. Sentenced - Fields of Blood, Harvester of Hate
Sentenced was not what I expected when I seen @Magnus posted it, the production was pretty good, with it reminding me a bit of Pantera! in the riffs with some Slayer style modulation and Kreator vocals, not bad, but not what I'm looking for, the arrangement in particular was a bit out there for me. Abigail is great. Abigail

Tool - Lateralus vs. Motörhead - Killed by Death

Lateralus had good tones but otherwise is not to my liking, Killed by Death is one of my favourite Motörhead tracks. Killed by Death

Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil vs. Nightwish - The Siren

Shout at the Devil is good fun. The Nightwish track was pretty good too. Shout at the Devil

Queensrÿche - I Don't Believe in Love vs. Hell - Blasphemy and the Master

Obviously I like both of these, but I didn't even have to think twice about which one I was voting for when I seen the match up. I could have gone with any one of the last 3 main songs on Mindcrime as the nomination, all brilliant, but rhyming raison d'etre with forget comes down on just about the right side of pretentious. I Don't Believe in Love

Celtic Frost - Dethroned Emperor vs. Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell (original version)

Celtic Frost was performed and produced a bit better than some of their other tracks that have been in the game, but I don't think it was as good as some of them. Into the Lungs of Hell (original version)

AC/DC - TNT vs. Rhapsody of Fire - Knightrider of Doom (Power of the Dragonflame version)

TNT is good fun but it wouldn't be anywhere near my top 20 or probably even top 50 AC/DC potential nominations. Rhapsody of Fire was standard power metal with a sort of Manowar tone off the bass. TNT

Last edited:
Hell's tune almost comes off as more of a Shakespearean performance than an actual song.

:lol: I don't know if you're aware but they actually have a song called Macbeth on that album.

The singer was actually a TV actor too, hence the hammy theatrical aspect to it. The original singer/guitarist/main songwriter had commit suicide, so when they eventually recorded this album Martin Walkyier was supposed to sing on it, but it fell through because he sounded too much like Martin Walkyier that it was distracting. This guy was the other guitarists brother and had originally only been meant to record voice over parts, but ended up being the singer instead.

Back