Testament

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
EXODUS performed an eight-song set at the Warfield in San Francisco, CA Thursday night (Oct. 28). Joining the group on lead vocals for the first six songs was TESTAMENT's Chuck Billy, who was a last-minute replacement for EXODUS' touring singer Steev Esquivel (SKINLAB) (as BLABBERMOUTH.NET exclusively reported yesterday). Esquivel, who was forced to seek to seek medical treatment for a "severely burnt" right-eye retina Wednesday, ended up singing the show's last two tracks — "Braindead" and "Toxic Waltz" — while wearing dark sunglasses. Steev is expected to be back on board at the mic for EXODUS' scheduled performance at the Hollywood Palladium Friday night (Oct. 29).

EXODUS are in the middle of a North American tour with MEGADETH and EARSHOT.

related news

"Just letting you know that I did do the EXODUS show last night and it was great and the sold-out crowd seemed to enjoy the show. I did the first six songs the best I could with 24-hour notice. Apparently after the first six songs Steev [Esquivel, SKINLAB] was feeling the crowd's energy and came out and we did the last two songs together. Steev, the band, and I were all on stage together and we all said how we couldn't believe that this was happening.

"It has been a lot of years since I have performed on the Warfield's stage and I want to thank the fans for all the support and amazing energy that they were giving back to the band. I want to thank the EXODUS guys for giving me a call and feeling confident that I could accomplish this task with such short notice. METAL FOREVER."

Back