Stranger in a strange land (live)

A

Anonymous

Anyone know where i could get a live version of this classic song ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is on the the "Visions of the Beast" DVD [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The crowd noises are live, but it's the studio version being played on visions.

The Somewhere in Sheffield dvd bootleg is regurlary on ebay for £10 to £15 and is the same gig in which the official video was made (you can see it being filmed).
Also, it's on the 2dvd set from the Ed hunter tour (Montreal/Milan), but only played on one of the gigs (can't remember exactly, but think it's Montreal)

[!--QuoteBegin-Welsh Phantom+Jul 30 2004, 09:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Welsh Phantom @ Jul 30 2004, 09:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The Somewhere in Sheffield dvd bootleg is regurlary on ebay for £10 to £15 and is the same gig in which the official video was made (you can see it being filmed).
Also, it's on the 2dvd set from the Ed hunter tour (Montreal/Milan), but only played on one of the gigs (can't remember exactly, but think it's Montreal) [/quote]
not worth 10 quid! i'd pay 1 only!

if you really want a good version, there are many versions i have got

Leicester 86 is the best without a doubt, i can email it to ya if you want!

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Jul 31 2004, 05:13 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Jul 31 2004, 05:13 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]

Leicester 86 is the best without a doubt [/quote]
Is that filmed, or audio only?

could me have it too,please [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's a pity this one was performed only on the Somewhere In Time tour, and that bootlegs of this one are so rare. I have one which was recorded in Spain (no closer description available, and it's also not listed in the Commentary). The quality is not so good, but the performance is brilliant, especially the solo, which adds some new elements.

Well I uploaded it just for you!

The other versions really arn't worth it, i just love this solo, i keep forgetting how amazing it is!

[a href=\'http://www.gorgonzolastoragefacility.buddha.org.uk/leic86_stranger.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']Stranger in a Strange Land :: 14th October Leicester 1986[/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Aug 1 2004, 03:45 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Aug 1 2004, 03:45 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] It's a pity this one was performed only on the Somewhere In Time tour, and that bootlegs of this one are so rare. [/quote]
It was played on some dates of the 'Ed Hunter' tour about 4 years ago also, so look ouy for it cos you'll probably find a better quality version somewhere, although I haven't found it yet on cd (got a boot dvd show though!)

IIRC, it was played only at the first 4 shows of the Ed Hunter tour. They dropped it because they felt it didn't work with the show's pacing.

Back