Stories of Maiden songs in your life

\m/

Folks, I work in mental health for teens with very difficult problems. I am also an Iron Maiden fan of course.

It rocked my socks off when a coworker showed me this article: http://www.agatemag.com/2016/02/diary-of-an-aquatic-scientist/ about some dude who talks about a really odd but cool mental health program in my area... using Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner as a main analogy! Not the poem, the SONG!

Sure, it goes against stereotypes that a heavy metal song is an analogy for drug treatment vs drug taking, but I think that's cool. F*ck the stereotypes. Maiden fans tend to be smarter anyway, right?

So check out that story, really odd but really cool imho. Purpose of this thread though is that I am curious... What is YOUR favorite story, your personal connection to a Maiden song that really got your gut? Share below.

Mine: Around the time I heard Rhyme the first time, my step dad was into sailing and I had just started learning. The song blew me away still gives me chills, and it brings back really really good memories of learning to sail (and rocking out on the way home- my stepdad was very tolerant of my music!) I guess this article clicked for me, since I also like water (but stay on TOP of it) and I love that song (but don't get me wrong I still dig the new stuff, keep it coming!) The emotional charge of the song, and the MYSTERY of it all, got me more than any message in the lyrics though.

cheers
Skald

Back