Status Quo

I think both Ain't Complaining and Perfect Remedy are pretty weak. Rock 'til You Drop was an improvement, but they screwed it up again with Thirsty Work and all the cover albums released during the 90s!

Heavy Traffic was a return to form. :)

I quite enjoy the material on Complaining & Remedy, though they are definitely not what the world expects from the Quo. But I was thrilled when Rock 'til You Drop came out, as I thought the proper Quo was back. Unfortunately this illusion was shattered by Thirsty Work, which I think is a dreadful and pretty unlistenable album.

I think the first half of Heavy Traffic is really good, but the second half is a bit of a let down. I never saw it as a return to form though, as I always felt the previous original album, Under the Influence was in the same guitar orientated style and contains a few tracks I'd rate higher than what is on Heavy Traffic.

I quite enjoy the material on Complaining & Remedy, though they are definitely not what the world expects from the Quo. But I was thrilled when Rock 'til You Drop came out, as I thought the proper Quo was back. Unfortunately this illusion was shattered by Thirsty Work, which I think is a dreadful and pretty unlistenable album.

I think the first half of Heavy Traffic is really good, but the second half is a bit of a let down. I never saw it as a return to form though, as I always felt the previous original album, Under the Influence was in the same guitar orientated style and contains a few tracks I'd rate higher than what is on Heavy Traffic.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I always found Under the Influence a step in the right direction that only really crystallised with Heavy Traffic.

What do you think of the studio albums that came after that one? :)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I always found Under the Influence a step in the right direction that only really crystallised with Heavy Traffic.

What do you think of the studio albums that came after that one? :)

Unfortunately I haven’t really enjoyed much of what they have done post Heavy Traffic. The Bubble is the only song on TPAOY that I like, while there were two or three tracks on Fourth Chord I enjoy. I think there might be some good tunes on Quid Pro Quo but I just find the production really jarring and it makes it quite unlistenable to my ears.

For the movie soundtrack (what were they thinking) I actually like the two tracks that are the most contentious amongst the fanbase, Bula Quo & Fiji Time. The other tracks just seem to be Quo by numbers and poor derivatives of what they used to do.

Backbone sounds a lot better production wise I think, and there are 3 or 4 songs that I really enjoy. The best tune, for me, is the John David one, Better Take Care. Which was a surprise, as the songs of his they did on TPAOY were horrendous.

Unfortunately I haven’t really enjoyed much of what they have done post Heavy Traffic. The Bubble is the only song on TPAOY that I like, while there were two or three tracks on Fourth Chord I enjoy. I think there might be some good tunes on Quid Pro Quo but I just find the production really jarring and it makes it quite unlistenable to my ears.

For the movie soundtrack (what were they thinking) I actually like the two tracks that are the most contentious amongst the fanbase, Bula Quo & Fiji Time. The other tracks just seem to be Quo by numbers and poor derivatives of what they used to do.

Backbone sounds a lot better production wise I think, and there are 3 or 4 songs that I really enjoy. The best tune, for me, is the John David one, Better Take Care. Which was a surprise, as the songs of his they did on TPAOY were horrendous.

Following your message I think I need to revisit those albums. I remember quite enjoying Quid Pro Quo and Backbone was a very pleasant surprise.

Back