Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Stranger in a Strange Land

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Deja-Vu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander the Great

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Which song from the 6th Iron Maiden album Somewhere in Time is your favourite? Simply cast your votes in.
album06_sit_a_small.jpg

That's incredibly difficult for me. Each song has its moments and for some of these my appreciation is still growing!

This album has so many good melodies... At the moment I think I'd go for the 2 songs which were never played live:

"Deja-vu" (I love this kind of up-tempo rhythm, Bruce's vocal harmonies are very nice, so are the blending guitars)

"Alexander the Great" (The intro and the continuation always makes me see an army climbing a hill and when the distortion and acceleration come, the army comes over the rim and storms downwards). Because of this visual aspect and the great musicality, I go for ATG! :)

That's easy.  I love 'The Loneliness...' for the same reasons I've mentioned a thousand times before.  I think there is an explanation with the best song from every album thread.

Never mind.  Here is a short quote from the 'most underrated song' thread:

Currently, I feel The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner to be the most underrated.  I like its relentless speed and when Bruce sings the title it always puts a big smile on my face.  Nicko's drumming is great and the guitars riffs, too.

I can't help but move to this song; it has a definite vibe to it.

I have to give my vote to "Caught somewhere in time" though "Alexander the great" comes right behind it. I love the synth intro and the riff that starts 50 or so seconds into the song, the lyrics are awesome, great solos and great drumming by Nicko. Some people complain about bruce´s singing in the chorus but I think that´s the best part of the song and it´s probably my favourite chorus in their entire discography, that oppinion could very well change tomorrow though :p

I voted for Wasted Years. I love that song, because it is very catchy.  ::)
I even have a music video for it on my Creative Zen.

I agree with GK, Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner it is for me, for similar reasons as stated above. Second place goes to Caught Somewhere in Time and then either Stranger in a Strange Land or Wasted Years. In any case, a grand album.

mmxz said:
the lyrics are awesome

I disagree. I find the lyrics are terrible. It's like you've read a book about Alexander and put it in a blender. It sounds something like a 11 year old doing a presentation of Alexander to his/hers class. though, the music is indeed spectacular.

My favourite song would probably be either Caught Somewhere in Time (great melody, intriguing lyrics and catchy chorus) or Alexander the Great (horrible lyrics, awesome music). Ah well, I'll just go with Caught Somewhere in Time.

Yax said:
I disagree. I find the lyrics are terrible. It's like you've read a book about Alexander and put it in a blender. It sounds something like a 11 year old doing a presentation of Alexander to his/hers class. though, the music is indeed spectacular.

Actually yax, I think he was talking about the lyrics of Caught Somewhere In Time and not Alexander. Anyway back on topic my vote goes to The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner. I love the soft intro and the way the distorted guitars kick in and build up to the verse. The lyrics are good and Bruce's singing is faultless. As for the solos, not my favourite but they are definitely good enough  :)

Ups, my bad... Look at the right! *Attempts to draw the attention away from my misstake*

It's a toss up between CSIT and Wasted Years, being the H lover that I am... :wub:

But I think CSIT wins here cuz the guitars are awesome! Both of their solos are awesome! H and Murray are equal here  :D

Caught Somewhere in Time.  Great intro (best intro song aside from Moonchild, if you ask me), and the synths work wonders for the atmosphere.  The intro section has great rhythm, when the bass and drums come in, and the classic Maiden gallop is there.  Brilliant solos, and sing-along lyrics.  Deja-vu comes a close second, for sheer catchiness.

i was caught between wasted years and alexander the great, but i voted wasted years

Back