Soilwork

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
The limited-edition European/U.S. version of "Stabbing the Drama" will include a bonus track, entitled "Wherever Thorns May Grow". The Japanese edition will feature "Wherever Thorns May Grow" and an additional bonus cut by the name of "Killed by Ignition".

The follow-up to 2003's "Figure Number Five" was recorded at Fascination Street studios in Örebro and Dug-Out Productions in Uppsala, Sweden with producer Daniel Bergstrand (MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, STUCK MOJO). A February 28, 2005 release through Nuclear Blast Records is expected.

With regards to the new material, SOILWORK vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid recently said, "In my ears it sounds like a mixture between 'Natural Born Chaos' (2002) and our latest effort, 'Figure Number Five' with a slight and interesting development."

"Stabbing the Drama" final track listing:

01. Stabbing The Drama
02. One With The Flies
03. Weapon Of Vanity
04. The Crestfallen
05. Nerve
06. Stalemate
07. Distance
08. Observation Slave
09. Fate In Motion
10. Blind Eye Halo
11. If Possible

Bonus:
12. Wherever Thorns May Grow (ltd. edition U.S/Europe + bonus for Japan)
13. Killed by Ignition (bonus for Japan only)

Can't wait! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Damn, the new Soilwork album kicks ass. Blows away most metal I have heard in the last couple of years. This band deserved a topic back then, and they deserve it now. Making a new one is more useless than doing a 14 year and 1 and a half month old mega kick in one of the two already existing Soilwork topics.

I can't go to their tour but if I were you catch them if you can. They open for Amorphis! (e.g. @Night Prowler @Brigantium ).

48921745_10156039180597263_2105330889041903616_n.jpg

I was a lot into Soilwork until around 2005. Then they started to groove like American bands and lack the awesome metal riffs and leads from their earlier days.
Well, these ingredients are back and not just that: some very nice atmospheric and melodic passages are there as well. Superb drums.

Soilwork_Verkhligheten_cover_art.jpg

Soilwork ruling the soundchecks:
49762998_10156063749987263_7135756045367902208_n.jpg

I've never listened to much Soilwork, I keep meaning to have another try. Sadly, London on a weekday is a big 'nope'.

I'd never listened to Soilwork until now despite knowing about Dirk Verbeuren joining Megadeth from them. I'm really impressed and think they've got a brilliant sound. Looking forward to exploring the discography

As much as I like Verbeuren, most albums he did with the band are the least favourites in the catalogue (for me at least).

Back