Signal2Noise, Power duo.

Crimson Idol

Caveman
I've been on a W.A.S.P kick a bit today and while looking to try find out if Blackie wrote the solo's on CI (he is credited for arrangement, production, composing and writing the entire album, aswell as lead/rhythm/bass/keyboard/vocal. But there is also another lead guitar so I want to know who wrote the solo's) I ended up onto Doug Blair's page, who is the current guitarist.

Asides from some freakish guitars with spinning 12" saw blades and laser's on the neck, he has a side project called Signal2Noise, centered around one of his other guitars called the "GuitarCross".

It's a rebuilt hamer bass guitar with extended bridge, holding 5 guitar strings and 3 bass strings that run alongside them (like the higher strings do on a 12string), each string has its own individual pickup and the bass or guitar strings can be turned off in groups, with the bass to one amp and the guitar to another. So he is playing bass and guitar at the same time, the idea came from his previous band where he had no rhythm player so he created such a thing so his bassist could provide a simple guitar+bass backing when he did a solo, but now he plays with just him and a drummer.

It's of course different to the original, with the odd lead break missing (I can't comment on how different the bass is as I never listened closely enough to the original), but here is a cover of Rush's YYZ: www.s2nusa.com/media/musicplayer/yz.mp3 Considering he's playing both instruments at the same time (the guitar is used for all recordings) I think it's pretty impressive. Some of the other tracks on there aren't half bad either.

Just thought I'd share this with you incase anyone else found it interesting. :)

Back