SEPULTURA

IMO from Roots to Nation Sepultura jumped in the nu metal bandwagon and I really dislike these 3 albums. Roorback is a bit better and marks a minor styling shift but overall is quite meh. But from there on the band made several amazing records like Dante XXI, Kairos, The Mediator and Quadra.
I'm a 90s kid and I like Roots. I also thought it was before Nu Metal?

I'm a 90s kid and I like Roots. I also thought it was before Nu Metal?
Nope. Korn's debut was released two years prior (1994). And it was an immediate crushing success that single handle built almost the entire mold to what the whole scene was going to be based upon. And Sepultura adopted several of those traits changing deeply their sound towards Korn's revolutionary formula (either one like it or not it was truly something they invented). Let's face it at it is: either one like Roots or not it was a blatant case of leaders becoming followers: never before did Max scatted while singing, the guitar tone and tuning is brutally similar, riff wise never did Sepultura used by any stretch the amount of opened chords before (not to mention the Nu Metal like riffs on the record), and hey: they even used the same producer and Johnathan Davis is invited to sing on the damn album. The only aspect where I think Roots shines regarding originality is the increase of native Brazilian musical elements. But that's just the topping of the cake since the bulk was the "Kornisation" of the band. And it wasn't even an isolated phenomena back in the day: veterans like Machine Head, Prong, Pitchshifter and even Fear Factory went full Nu Metal or got strongly influenced by it for at least one album.

Kairos - water - bonus track "Firestarter"
Mediator - fire - bonus track "Da Lama Ao Caos"
I don't know if you're aware that "Lama" is "Mud" in portuguese. And I think it's a bit strange associating other element than fire to FIREstarter's cover. Chosen Skin is about the fur clothing industry and the animal cruelty behind it.

I read recently that Andreas Kisser had missed some Sepultura concerts due to some serious family issues. Sadly, his wife has died 1 day after turning 52 years old after a long battle with cancer. :(

Life sucks sometimes. This is one of those occasions.

Sepultura farewell tour

Although they will tour in Brazil and Latin America in Spring of 2024, I think they could be the supporters for Maiden somewhere next year. It would be awesome for them and for Metal fans in general. Both bands are very friendly so, why not?

sepulturafarewell.png

Sepultura farewell tour

Although they will tour in Brazil and Latin America in Spring of 2024, I think they could be the supporters for Maiden somewhere next year. It would be awesome for them and for Metal fans in general. Both bands are very friendly so, why not?
Back in the day, before Max left, I think this would have been awesome, but since Max left decades ago, Sepultura have not been producing good music.

Maybe not as good as their classic albums, but interesting stuff sometimes. Quadra is very solid and good.
All their albums before Max left were pretty terrific. I was so excited with this band were releasing a new album.
I rushed out and bought Against.
And boy that was a huge shock to the system. I never realised how important Max was to their song writing before that.
Against was so horrible. It had nothing going for it. The songs had none of the life and interest that was present in all their previous albums.
Every now and then I peek over to see what the band is producing, but time and time again it is super disappointing.

Back