Russians have it good

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
It's exam time for us Canadian university students, and that means everything except our studies, including personal hygiene, is neglected. I myself hadn’t saved in five days or showered in two. My girlfriend was starting to make excuses to not be near me, dogs have been avoiding me; I even was getting offended by my own odour. So I decided to take a break from studying and have a shower.

I gathered my shampoo, my towel, my soap, and went to pick up my electric razor. Suddenly I remembered something. My dad, the bargain hunter that he is, was in a dollar store a few weeks ago. (for those of you who don’t know, a dollar store is a store where surplus items from chain stores is sold of cheaply, usually for one dollar) While there, he saw some disposable Gillette razors, a package of 6 for one dollar. As Gillette is a very good brand, he bought a few packages. Upon closer inspection, he noticed that these were no ordinary razors. They had funny writing on them. So dad brought me down a package last time he visited. I immediately identified the writing as Cyrillic, the alphabet use in Russia. Sure enough, these razors were manufactured in St. Petersburg for Gillette’s Russian subsidiary.

So, after a few of the obligatory “In Soviet Union, razors shave with you!” jokes, I shoved them in the back of my drawer. Well, I decided to forgo using my electric Philishave and try one of these disposable Russian razors….and let me tell you I’m never going back to the crap we shave with here. This twin-bladed wonder gave me the best, smoothest, most satisfying shave of my entire life. It cleans easily and is nearly impossible to cut yourself with. Wow….just wow.

I’m considering mounting an expedition to Russia to bring these wonderful shavers to the North American market. I’d make millions once people try them…

Hello there !

I've got a quotation for you : "the word you're looking for is : anyway..." [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

But, still, I've got several questions for you :

Did you eventually shower ? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Why don't you try the Gillette's razors made in Canada ? They could be the same you know : two classic blades and so on. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Are you totally bored or is it the exams' secondary effects ? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

By the way, I'd like to know what are your exams' subjects, just for fun !

So, anyway... good luck for your exams !

Sometimes, when the Duke gets going like this, I ignore him. However, I'm currently interested in these razors. Doesn't that sound like a character from a crime movie? "The Russian Razor".

I've used the Canadian ones before....they are nothing like this. They don't even look the same.

As for my subjects, I'm taking:
Intermediate German (semi-advanced German grammar and composition)
The Study of History (basically a philosohpy of historyclass)
Canada Since 1867 (self explanitory)
Maritime Provinces Since 1867 (Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island since the foundation of Canada)
Non-Western History (Introduction to the histories of China, Japan, Africa, and India)
World War Two (self explanitory)

I didn't have many electives this term [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I humbly request you save me one, then, and I'll get it from you next week.

Deutsch Ja!? lol, I'm kinda taking it. I say that because for 201 and I got a 68 and in 202 I currently have a 63. Of course it's my fault for not putting all my effort into it but hey, Germans speak English! HAHAHA. just kidding, I should get my butt in gear and learn some Deutsch.

Try Die Lorelei , it's a wonderful poem.

And there is a tiny difference between german and russian [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

What are 201 and 202 ? Lessons ?

Actually we read that last year. In the U.S classes have different numbers depending on the level of....I guess you could say difficulty. 101 102 are basic courses, 201 and 202 are intermediate. For example History 101 is basic western civ history from Sumeria to the Protestant Reformation. The clases Iron Duke is taking would be 240, 256 type courses. Oh DEPTH, is a better word, rather than difficulty. Unless I move to Germany I will never learn it at the level I want.

Nothing, absolutely nothing beats Gillette Mach3 Turbo. Expensive, but best shaving experience ever (and I can have a thick beard, being of southern Europe origins...).

Cheers

oh,i thought you were talking about vodka... [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back