Rock in Rio2004

A

Anonymous

Hail!
Fuck yeah here in portugal - Rock in Rio!
yesterday (metallica, sepultura, slipknot and moonspell) you know moonspell dont you???
Ok few words (EXTRMELLY VERY FUCKING COOL!)
download some songs of slipknot and metallica and see the portuease people we are the best!!!

I'm still a bit confused how the "Rock in RIO"-festival can be held in portugal. I know it has to do with finances and the european champs in football this summer, but rock in RIO!

I already own one Slipknot CD, and I thought it was terrible. I don't care to download any more, thank you very much. But if you like 'em, knock yerself out. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jun 6 2004, 11:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jun 6 2004, 11:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I already own one Slipknot CD, and I thought it was terrible. I don't care to download any more, thank you very much. But if you like 'em, knock yerself out. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
honestly... i´m not a big fan of them (slipknot!) but was incredible, belive me!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
the only problem was the fucking dust!! i´ve dressed in black, after all of the concerts i was just withe! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Metallica no comments... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] GODS!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] they have suprised me very much because they´ve play a music "Leper Messiah" one of the greatest songs for me (i don´t know if you know it) of the album master of puppets, and james said that they had never play it before... Concluding memorable!!

i think he just means 'a festival' in Portugal. sounds pretty good except Slipknot [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-DaveMurray+Jun 6 2004, 09:57 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DaveMurray @ Jun 6 2004, 09:57 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Metallica no comments...  [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] GODS!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  they have suprised me very much because they´ve play a music "Leper Messiah" one of the greatest songs for me (i don´t know if you know it) of the album master of puppets, and james said that they had never play it before... Concluding memorable!! [/quote]
mmm, saw them in Gothenburg last week, it was a fuckin blast! And the lpayed leper messiah too, and yes, james said that they had never done it before this time too. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Jun 7 2004, 09:54 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Jun 7 2004, 09:54 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] i think he just means 'a festival' in Portugal. sounds pretty good except Slipknot [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
The festival IS actually called "Rock in Rio", but i think it was that they would do more money if the held it in portugal just before the european championchip in football.

And i saw slipknot last week too, I think they're just embarasing, looks stupid, play bad....

Of course the Rock in Rio at Portugal is for money.

However, I do not know if you know, Brazil was "discovered" by the people of portugal. History says it was the sailor Pedro Alvares Cabral who first came here.

So doing a Rock in Rio in portugal sounds like discovered going on discoverer....... dunno if you undestand the subtle mean...

Anyway, its just a silly excuse for make money. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-dogigniter+Jun 7 2004, 08:54 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dogigniter @ Jun 7 2004, 08:54 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] i think he just means 'a festival' in Portugal. sounds pretty good except Slipknot [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
No, the name of the festival is "Rock in Rio - Lisbon"
Unfortunaly Iron Maiden wasn´t chosen... Fucking assholes...
But Metallica and Moonspell was "surreal"!!
Do you know the portuguease band Moospell don´t you????

[!--QuoteBegin-DaveMurray+Jun 7 2004, 08:38 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DaveMurray @ Jun 7 2004, 08:38 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] No, the name of the festival is "Rock in Rio - Lisbon"
Unfortunaly Iron Maiden wasn´t chosen... Fucking assholes...
But Metallica and Moonspell was "surreal"!!
Do you know the portuguease band Moospell don´t you???? [/quote]
I guess nobody has to choose a band.
Bands who play on a festival are usually currently on tour and add the gig to the schedule.

Why should Maiden play on just one festival - and in Portugal then?

Moospell ? [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I know - just a typo... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Jun 7 2004, 11:16 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Jun 7 2004, 11:16 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] mmm, saw them in Gothenburg last week, it was a fuckin blast! And the lpayed leper messiah too, and yes, james said that they had never done it before this time too.  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
AHHHHHHHH I WANT TO SEE EM BUT THERE GOIN TO FAR FOR ME TO SEE... the best song for me (metallica) would have to be One or For Whom The Bell Tolls (old school) and slipknot for me only has one good song "The Heretics Anthem"

hey "Scream for me Stockholm" did they play holier than thou or wherever i may roam????

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] METALLICA! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[img src=\'http://www.harvesterofsorrow.com/pictures/james-hetfield-day-on-the-green-live.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Metallica? I hope they played their OLD OLD stuff hehe. As for Slipknot.. I heard their first cd (which I haven't listened to) was very good, so I purchased their second one and it was horrible so I didn't even notice when their third was released. one thing I did like on Iowa was "People= Shit"... Catchy phrase [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

ya old school metallica is so HEAVY and thrash... like Whiplash or Ride The Lightening(song)... old as in when they had cliff... the juicy stuff like when they got J Newsted was the best though like ...And Justice for all or Black Album... ok to make it easier to understand what i'm saying IT WAS ALL GOOD BEFORE ST. ANGER. I MEAN STG. ANGER HAS NO SOLOS!

[img src=\'http://store.drumbum.com/media/larsulrich.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Jun 7 2004, 11:18 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Jun 7 2004, 11:18 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The festival IS actually called "Rock in Rio", but i think it was that they would do more money if the held it in portugal just before the european championchip in football.

And i saw slipknot last week too, I think they're just embarasing, looks stupid, play bad.... [/quote]
the festival at rock in rio is also called download festival is it not?? or is that a different festival?? cause metallica plays download every year prettymuch

[!--QuoteBegin-Death_Dealer_+Jun 22 2004, 02:54 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Death_Dealer_ @ Jun 22 2004, 02:54 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] hey "Scream for me Stockholm" did they play holier than thou or wherever i may roam????

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] METALLICA! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[/quote]
They played "Wherever I May Roam". [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back